1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make money online

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Near60, Dec 10, 2013.

Here at the forum, I have lost count of how many times I have seen people post the above question despite the fact that there is a ton of useful help and advice right under their noses. So today, I thought I would do my best to provide a reasonably comprehensive answer in the hope that it might help a few newbies in getting started.

I guess I have a different perspective but I can still remember how it felt at the start; wondering if it was possible to make money online; thinking there must be some crucial piece of information that I was missing; wondering why everyone, but me seemed to be making money. Well, right away, let me answer those questions for you:
    1. Yes - it IS definitely possible for ANYONE to make money online
    2. You may be missing information, but you are probably missing less than you think
    3. Don't worry, a LOT of other people are simply TALKING, not doingRight at the start of the web, before the Dot Com Bubble burst, I remember asking a colleague what ways he thought it might be possible to make money online. That was in the days before Adsense and even Affiliate Programs - amazing to think of a web without them, but that was back around 1995.

Anyway, his answer was something along the following lines:
    1. You could sell stuff (products and/or services)
    2. You could charge people for advertisingThese are STILL the best ways to make money online. Of course things have changed a little, but Affiliate Programs are still essentially selling stuff and Adsense is still essentially advertising. In my case, I now have three reliable streams of income:
    1. I sell my own products
    2. I use Adsense
    3. I recommend other people's products/services (Affiliate Programs)Over the years, the most profitable income stream has been selling my own products but, of course, it takes time and effort to get the product and sales message right. However, if you do, you will find there are many other people who would be willing to promote your products for you if you setup your own Affiliate Program (ClickBank is an easy way).

There is no question in my mind that Adsense is the easiest method because you get paid for clicks i.e. you don't have to do any selling. The problem with this method is that you may have to get a large number of visitors to make a decent return. That said, there are many people who do very well out of Adsense. The key to success with this model is choosing niches with high-paying click values and then working on optimising your ad placements.

As for Affiliate Programs, I have genuinely found it difficult to find good programs that meet my own criteria for promotion. First, I need to be completely happy that the product/service actually delivers value, then I have to be happy with the marketing message and methods. As I said, not many programs manage to cut the mustard as far as I am concerned. However, there are genuinely good programs out there if you look for them.

So there you go - that's how to do it.

Now, I am conscious of the fact that when people post the question 'how do I make money' or something similar, that is not the kind of answer they generally want. What they are hoping for is that someone will tell them of a secret method that involves very little time and effort; something that requires perhaps typing a few things into a system, maybe clicking a few buttons and then watching the money pour into their Paypal account.

Well, guess what? That is EXACTLY why you find sales pages that tell you all of that nonsense i.e. because that's what people are searching for. Those pages do NOT exist because there IS A MAGIC KEY ... they exist because PEOPLE ARE SEARCHING FOR THE MAGIC KEY!

Read it AGAIN!!!

I know it is brutal and I know it may not be what you wanted to hear, but it is TRUE! And if you let it sink in, you could save yourself a lot of time and trouble looking and you could also save yourself a lot of money buying products that promise the MAGIC KEY solution.

To return to the subject of how YOU can make money: pick one of the methods above and run with it. Become an expert in Adsense or Affiliate Marketing or start creating your own products and services and start selling them. Sure it will take you a fair amount of time to master any of these methods but they all WORK!!!

Once you commit yourself to learning how to master any of these methods, you will find that you will be able to ask much better questions and - guess what - you will get much better answers too! There are very MANY people here at the forum who are well qualified to help you to overcome ANY obstacle you may face.

Now get to work!

And good luck.

Near60, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  2. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Long but very informative article.
    Thanks

dean1122, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  3. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice article, you've done good work.

WebDeveloperSahil, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  4. CMNS

CMNS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CMNS, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    dailybread2011 likes this.
  5. denej

denej Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not go anywhere near ClickSure or a product called Get Auto Commissions.
    The product, which i have bought is absolute rubbish and not fit for purpose.
    I have tried to get a refund but going around in circles with an automated response system. Have contacted ClickSure and they have just passed my message back to the seller of which i cannot get a decent response from.

BEWARE ALL

denej, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  6. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice for people just starting out. It's important to know that it IS possible to make money on the internet, but if you want to it happen you have to work for it. So for someone starting out do you recommend Adsense or an affiliate program?

Boost_Software, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. trekmorocco

trekmorocco Peon

Best Answers:
    actually, there are many ways, but you should be very careful of scammers

trekmorocco, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  8. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I recommend affiliate marketing (more detail, product launch with Clickbank or JVzoo). Stick with one method only. Concentration make your success!

mrgadget, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  9. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. Focusing on one campaign, and really sticking with it. Longevity is a great teacher and achiever.

Boost_Software, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  10. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You For Sharing! Consistency is the Secret by the way!

Michael Mayer, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  11. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are literally thousands of ways to make money online. A list longer than my arm. And so many of them really work.

There is that horrible word: work.

The fact is that most beginning internet marketers jump from one make money idea to another make money idea without actually finishing any of them. The true secret to making money online at the beginning is to stick at something you enjoy until you actually make some money. Once you see some paypal commissions or clickbank commissions come into your account, your whole mindset changes. Suddenly, you realize "I can do this!"

My advice is to do a bit of research on the many methods of making money online, find a product that teaches you exactly, step-by-step how to do this and DO IT.

Believe me, once you learn one way of making money online, other ideas and knowledge come to you and open up multiple paths to earning online. Once you have made money with one method, continue making money with it and then add another income stream. Work on that until it is earning you money.

dailybread2011, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  12. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It was long but very informative. Thanks for your advice. Even if I am not a newbie you remind me that I can make money online=) and there are so many optiones to chose!!!

azulita, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  13. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cool, decent and instructive article. Thanks a lot! I'm sure it could encourage newbies.

PPC_SuperMaster, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  14. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good article and good tips. No matter what ever you do but make sure that you are consistent, committed and inspired in what ever you do.

DatingExpert, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  15. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    Great article. Sometimes I forget the most basic rules in online business because I get caught into doing something for sake of doing, I guess? Thanks.

content4cool, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  16. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some people lack of actions even they are know the opportunities of doing something that may cause big results for what they have done.

seocrusher, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  17. axavier

axavier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I m new to this... can anyone advise to earn money in online?

Thank you

axavier, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  18. Lue Hang

Lue Hang Member

Best Answers:
    Appreciate and best advice is to really look around for what makes sense to you

Lue Hang, Dec 20, 2013 IP