1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make Google Adsense relevant

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mehere, Apr 27, 2005.

Besides adding content to my pages, does anyone have any advice on how to make the ads that google sends through the adsense program more relevant to my site...this is really driving me crazy...

For example...I keep getting ads for "catalogs" because my directory has a listing for "catalog" instead of "shopping cart". ditto "shopping cart" ! :confused:

mehere, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  2. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    1) remove the word catalog from your site. replace it with "shopping cart". repeat for other unwanted keywords
    2) block catalog-related urls. again, repeat this for other unwanted keywords.

and, of course, try to have more content on the same page containing the keywords you want.

this is all i can think of

Liminal, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  3. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've also heard that words near that adsense ad affect the relevance more than words further down the page. So you might want to put "shopping cart" near the ad.

And do what devbistro said... block the URLs of the irrelevant advertisers.

Nate, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  4. mehere

mehere Peon

Best Answers:
    hey...thanks for the blocking url suggestion! I forgot I could do that!

as far as removing the word catalog...I was told if I do that, it might mess up the whole site. This is a shopping cart, so I think it probably references that word with the sql database, etc.

but maybe I'm wrong...how do you suggest I do it? because the word catalog is not just part of my content...it's the directory name. check it out below:

bestbuy-digitalcamera-electronics.netfirms.com/buyhere/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php?osCsid=ac0a7e52e1806710b1b7409a97e31cab

mehere, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  5. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    try blocking the relevant urls first. i'd suggest emailing google as well with your suggestions on how to improve ad sense (being able to block certain keywords per ad unit/site). if enough ppl ask for it, you might just get it eventually

Liminal, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  6. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is to use all the regular SEO page optimization tricks. e.g. make sure the title of the page is relevant, have good alternate tags for images, put keywords at the top of the page, etc.

tlainevool, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    In simple terms, all basic seo techniques apply.

Homer, Apr 27, 2005 IP