1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to make a website where people can post

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sourabhkejriwal, Nov 21, 2013.

Hi all,
    I need to make a website where people can post aritcles and stuff. Is there any tool available for making one.
    If anyone know similar kind of website please share the link.
    Thanks in advance

sourabhkejriwal, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. PINK DONKEY

PINK DONKEY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Wordpress is the best tool for that

PINK DONKEY, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  3. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like most people think that wordpress is the answer for everything. It's not. It is a blog engine that has been dolled up with plugins.

For an application such as this, you would be better off looking at a package that is built specifically to handle large amounts of content: a Content Management System (CMS).

Some examples of popular CMSs are:
    • PHP
      • Joomla
      • Drupal
      • PHP-Nuke
      • phpWiki
      • Serendipity
    • ASP.Net
      • DotNetNuke
      • mojoPortal
      • Umbraco
    All these are open source, and easily installed. While you *can* make Wordpress work as a content management system, it'll become a messy maze of plugins and junk that will do nothing but slow your site down. Leave the blog engine to bloggers and use a CMS for managing your content.

dwirch, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  4. saikatkhulna

saikatkhulna Member

Best Answers:
    @dwirch you say
    "While you *can* make Wordpress work as a content management system, it'll become a messy maze of plugins and junk that will do nothing but slow your site down."

I think you know its a most popular CMS all over the world. But you told if wordpress and use plugin site will be slow down. It's not true. You can't blame wordpress as like this. Wordpress Backend is easier then any other CMS. And its documentation is vary vary strong then other CMS and documentation starts with beginners and high level developer. But other CMS don't have this kind of documentation.

So @sourabhkejriwal i think you have to use wordpress and it best which purpose you want to use.

saikatkhulna, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are just starting out Wordpress is going to be the easiest to use.

A lot of the other CMS programs are not really that user friendly for beginners.

averyz, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  6. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @saikakhulna:

Would you take an engine from a Yugo and put into a Ferrari, and expect to drive the vehicle at 197 mph ? The Yugo engine wasn't built for speed, it was built for economy. With add-ons, you can make the engine go faster, at the expense of economy (gas mileage).

If you want to drive that fast, just buy the Ferrari, and you won't need to install bolt-ons, etc.

It's the same with Wordpress (or any blogging platform really, I'm not trying to pick on wordpress). It was not purpose built for content management, it was built as a blog engine. By adding the bolt-ons (plugins), the integrity of the engine degrades.

The OP described a content management system. He wants to drive fast, right away. Why would he want to go through hassle of finagling a pile of plugins to get the functionality he wants, when a true CMS (or even forum software) will do exactly what he wants, right out of the box ?

dwirch, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  7. ptrade

ptrade Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is best and more easy to use!

ptrade, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  8. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can simple use wordpress and there is one or the other kind of plugin available for wordpress where you can create forum kind of thing - or question and answer kind of thing.

I hope it helps...

infogle, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  9. Akola

Akola Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress will be good option. Use Forum plugin.

Akola, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  10. saikatkhulna

saikatkhulna Member

Best Answers:
    @dwirch

I like your answer.
    You think differently, i like that.
    But your example is not good. Because if you want you can't update Ferrari as your wish and Engine example is not a good example for my given answer topic.
    Just one thing if you see the answer in this topic you see all of them talk about wordpress excerpt you.
    Why is all of them are foll or they don't know anything?

saikatkhulna, Nov 26, 2013 IP