1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Make a Press Release

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jameskon, May 26, 2006.

I really have no idea! can anybody tell me how to make a press release.

jameskon, May 26, 2006 IP
  2. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    If you want it professionally done for you, send a PM to jhmattern. She'll take care of everything for you for an affordable price.

mystikmedia, May 27, 2006 IP
  4. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    After you have a press release, what do you do with it?

bschneider5, May 28, 2006 IP
  5. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    jhmattern also offers a service to send it out to various newswires for you, including PRWeb.

mystikmedia, May 28, 2006 IP
  6. duclelo

duclelo Peon

Best Answers:
    who is jhmattern ? by the way can i submit my press release at PRWeb by myself ?

thanks

duclelo, May 28, 2006 IP
  7. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    She is a member here at DP. That is her DP username. Yes, you can submit to PR Web yourself also.

mystikmedia, May 28, 2006 IP
  8. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    marcel, May 28, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I just took a look at this site. Even if you choose not to use a professional, please be extremely careful if you're using something like this. The main problem is that most news releases really don't need quotes. On top of that, if you're primary (or only) distribution form is newswires or other online distribution, you're probably better off not using quotes at all if you don't have a professional's help. The reason I say that is because when people try to write their own releases using quotes, they tend to come across sounding like testimonials. The problem then is that many newswires (the most legitimate ones at least) will refuse your release for sounding too much like an advertisement instead of a truly newsworthy release.

There's also nothing on that site bothering to explain what a news release even is, or what actually belongs in each section (not even to mention that different kinds of press releases will have different sections - such as product releases, event releases, etc.). If you absolutely insist on doing it yourself (which is perfectly fine for some people), please at least do a search online for proper press release formatting and background. I even have some info posted on one of my sites (www.allinfoaboutmarketing.com - in the PR basics and Media Relations sections I believe). It won't teach you how to effectively write for the media, find a convincing voice, or how to deal with specific distribution barriers, but it will at least give you some basic background lacking on the link above. There should be 5 or 6 articles there right now. But like I said, even just do a Google search, and you'll find better resources. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, May 28, 2006 IP
  10. superflytrainer

superflytrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI, if your writing a press release to promote your self than you will be viewed negatively by journalist. if you have something newsworthy to say than it can help you get lost of exposure

superflytrainer, May 29, 2006 IP
  11. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    i take a look at webwire.com service, their price ermmm .. a bit expensive, but somehow, i dont mind about the money, but the effectiveness, is it worth it to use their service if you inventing something new ?? do they make it also available to msn news, yahoo news, and some other major news resource ?? i need an exposure worldwide ..

rewlie, May 31, 2006 IP