1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a keyword already in 2nd page rank into the 1st page?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Jack Huang, Sep 14, 2014.

The situation is that i have a page with a keyword ranking in position of 12-14. I see the ranking is fluctuating in the 2nd page or even in the 3rd page, but it rarely appears in the 1st page.
    I think i have 2 options: 1 is to build links with keywords anchor text (little exact match, most variants); 2 is to add more relevant content into the existing page.
    I prefer option 1 because to some extent, i am afraid that changing the content may drop it's rank if not doing right.
    Am i right and is there other choices?

Jack Huang, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend focusing on both. Keep adding content on a regular basis and continue to create relevant backlinks.

danasurvey, Sep 14, 2014 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    You can add content to other pages (blogs, other sites), thus effectively doing both - creating backlink and adding new content. This way worked for us so far.

O-D-T, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  4. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could add a few relevant articles and link from them to your main page so you'll have two highly relevant internal links for your main page.

praetserge, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  5. frank007

frank007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are hesitating to change content of your main page then create some related pages with better content or your experimented content and link them to your main page and see how search result appears if it improves then wait for sometime and your link would be on page 1 else remove those pages from your main page and try this same process with other pages. Advantage is your main page weight won't get lost.

frank007, Sep 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. VineServers

VineServers Member

Best Answers:
    Check if your keywords and your competitors on 1-2nd page keywords are not clashing! And add more SEO ready posts and few backlinks will boost your ranking for sure (y)

VineServers, Sep 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Jack Huang

Jack Huang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never thought doing this. Very smart, i'll try it. Thanks!

Jack Huang, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't mean that creating a better content on your site page is an effective one to boost in page 1 rankings and you already overlooked the important view. The reason that your site is still fluctuating on 2nd and 3rd page is that your competitors sites is considered as better sites than yours when it comes to providing providing quality and engaging content within the website.

KylieSweet, Sep 17, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. Jack Huang

Jack Huang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kylie! I know what you mean. And that's why i am trying to create better content all through my website. And i think i am on the right track. Check my recent Webmaster data. You see the almost all changes are green. And all important keywords are rising right now. I am quite confident that i can handle my website to a better position, but maybe too rush.
    [​IMG]

Jack Huang, Sep 18, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. Waseem Simi

Waseem Simi Banned

Best Answers:
    You have to create free blogs and add content on them with your link and get back links for free blogs when they getting ranking in google then you start work on your site also insha Allah your site will get good rank.... But do not stop work on your site in this procedure....
    Create page on face book and twitter too and do post on theme regular also....

Waseem Simi, Sep 18, 2014 IP