1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a full e-commerce site using wordpress as platform

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ketting00, Sep 13, 2014.

Hi guys,

Do you have any idea where should I start making an e-commerce site using wordpress as a solution.

I've been asking to create the site by a relative and I wish to help him.

About my basic knowledge on wordpress: I can create advanced wordpress themes like gigaom, techcrunch, gizmodo, endgadget or something like that. All of the works I've done previously are blogging platform. I heard that wordpress can be used as e-commerce site. It never caught my attention until this project.

My target: a full scale e-commerce site that people can buy stuffs and pay online, as well as notify the admin about transaction via an email.

I can do the last two parts but I have no idea about the first one.

Any suggestion of where should I start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Ket

ketting00, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  2. shiblucu

shiblucu Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ket,

Yes you can use wordpress as a ecommerce platform. Here is Top 5 ecommerce plugin for wordpress based ecommerce sites,

1. Woocommerce
    Woocommerce is a powerful, yet a simple to use ecommerce plugin. It's fully customizable and support all ecommerce features like: Advanced Store Management, Reporting, Tax and Shipping options, Marketing features, Payment Gateways (PayPal, Authorize.net, eWay, etc.), account panel, one page checkout, ratings, shipping calculator and much more.

2. Easy digital downloads

If you want to sell digital products then this WordPress plugin is probably the best solution for your website. It includes: cart system for buying multiple downloads, payments gateways (PayPal and Manual included by default), payment history, sales charts, data export, Affiliate System integration, multi-language support and much more.

3. WP e-commerce
    4. Jigoshop
    5. eShop

Hope you will find the right plugin for your ecommerce store.
    Thanks
    Tawfiq

shiblucu, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  3. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Tawfiq,

Appreciated. We have been working on the design on paper (whiteboard). I'll have a look into it.

ketting00, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  4. frank007

frank007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use woocommerce plugin, no doubt best solution for all your ecommerce need, fully open source so if you want any customization thats also possible and you can add many more extensions included in its extension store.

frank007, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll back the other guys here - WooCommerce is definitely the best eShop plugin for WordPress, along with JigoShop. As you already have WordPress experience I doubt you will have too many issues with them as they are very user-friendly and you operate them right from the WP Dashboard which you are already familiar with. WooCommerce is getting more and more popular which means that more new themes and plugins are introduced, more documentation and tutorials and, of course, as the community grows you can get tips and advises from more and more people. ;)

Rado_ch, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  6. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Same as the rest, WooCommerce is definitely the plugin for you. It would be easy if you are already good with WordPress.

usemyteam, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  7. RevSan

RevSan Active Member

Best Answers:
    If we use wordpress, I hope it doesnot looks a good and complete ecommerce platform.

RevSan, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  8. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks RevSan,

It's not my website. The owner choose it. I just do what he want me to do.

ketting00, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  9. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the 'main aim' of the website is to do e-commerce, I would advice against using Wordpress/Joomla with a plugin. Go with a rich ecommerce software like Magento. Even OpenCart beats these plugins hands down in ecommerece.

jitendraag, Sep 25, 2014 IP