1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make $5.00/day in 6 weeks or less

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by creativ, Aug 21, 2005.

1. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    you will not make $5.00/day in 6 weeks or less, because it takes traffic to make money.

since new websites typically do not rank well in the google search results, there won't be anyone coming out to your brand new spam garbage sites... peope call it the google sandbox effect.

it's highly amusing to me to wade thru this entire thread, and see no mention of how to drive traffic :rolleyes:

danimal, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  2. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    danimal: it might suprise you, but there are sources of traffic out there other than Google.
    I earn money from many of my newer sites - guess what, hardly any of that traffic comes from Google.
    If you're relying purely on G for traffic, then forget using new sites to make money.
    It amuses me to think there are still people in this business that think that because a site doesn't rank in Google that it won't get traffic. I've read some BS but that takes the biscuit.
    Target sites correctly and you don't need masses of traffic (I think we all know that). I bringing anywhere between $1 and $5 per day based on about 75 uniques per day and it's not exactly a high paying niche (average CPC about 30c). If you think you have to rely on G to drive 75 uniques per day, then I suggest that you'd better go find another career.

If you're thinking of creating 10's or 100's of sites, then you'd better know how to drive traffic before you start. It would be a complete waste of time to build that many sites if you don't know how to get traffic.

jlawrence, Oct 10, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  3. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a new site, go after SEO in MSN. You can get descent rankings pretty well in a short period of time depending on how competitive the keywords are.

You can also use adwords or overture to drive traffic to your site. FInd some low $$$ relevant keywords to get the traffic.

Good Luck

Swordfish, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  4. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:

Um overture is bad becasue you have to pay fro every click. So if you get 100 visitors thats $20 down the hold. Not to smart. And if you get 1 click you make back .20 or whatever

Second, search engines are inneficiant at listing pages. I have a 200 page site and only 5% of those pages get all the traffic. The rest of the pages the search engines don;t index properly.

If you really want to make moeny, I don't recommend adsense in gerneral. it is easier to jsut sell clickbank stuff with targeted PPC IMHO.

IamNed, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  5. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spam sites are mostly geared for the "long-tail" effect. Those 2 or 3 searches a month phrases. Those 4-5-6-7 keyword phrases. Building 1000+ pages per site. Even Google will give up those keywords to new sites on their SERPs.

Traffic is derived from the search engines.

Voasi, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  6. mahmood

mahmood Guest

Best Answers:
    Managing 46 sites?

daily posts, different hosts, reciprocal links, ... , being a student :confused:

mahmood, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  7. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    I got indexed by MSN 2.5 weeks after launch of one keyword focused site. That site brings in 5.00 a day easy (weekdays, anyway) and virtually 100% of that traffic comes from MSN or something called sympatico.MSN.

All this took was: The right keyphrases, Link exchange, ten pages of content (public domain), and quality basic SEO. I get CTRs most days ~22%, some days over 40%. This was done with 100% free tools (including hosting and link exchange program membership).

The point: It can be done. I'm too unlucky for this to have been an anomaly!

Mister Tut, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  8. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    sympatico.MSN is the Canadian version of MSN... ;)

thebassman, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  9. Ch-Nauman

Ch-Nauman Active Member

Best Answers:
    My 4 sites receive 80% of traffic from MSN . All those sites are nearly couple of months old and i have already crossed my $20 mark!:cool:

Ch-Nauman, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  10. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    $5.00 a day for 42 sites is not worth the time or energy, especially when you working with borderline and unethical methods. Its unethical because your sites do not provide any benefit to the visitors. They are worthless sites which would be trash to anyone looking for valuable information.

I enjoy the slow stroll to success. Take your time to build a quality, valuable, and worthwhile site...in the long run it will pay off much better than $5.00 a day. Fast money has never been my style. The slow, business-like approach is much more rewarding.

You must have read my article 13 Steps to Successful Blogging where I mentioned (Step 7) to have multiple blogs. But you took it out of context, because I never would suggest to automate the process or to have 42 sites. The multiple blogs I suggest is for the purpose of better exposure for visitors and search engines. But the entries are true entries and of value to the visitor and search engine. Having multiple blogs is a step which takes time and dedication when you have a growing audience...it's similar to opening a new store in a different area....the reason is to gain more exposure, make money, and provide your audience a value not defeat the system and gain traffic which will never return. My technique is for the purpose of gaining return-visitors and a true audience / community, not a one-time visit to potentially make a quick buck!

A true blogger should never buy an article to place on their blog. The purpose of a blog is to be original. A blog should be the bloggers' views, opinons, thoughts, and expression. Your method is truly polluting the web and doing an injustice to cyberspace.

As a successful webmaster I can assure you that a website is more successful when you don't focus on the money or traffic...focus on the website and building a quality site with white hat SEO techniques and traffic will come...then the money will follow.

antonaf, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  11. singhoo

singhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    curious.

anymore details?

singhoo, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  12. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a successful webmaster and current service provider of content for blogs, websites, offline publications, I can assure you- original content CAN be purchased and used efficiently to drive income AND be an original viewpoint of thoughts and expressions. A Blog is just another tool in the marketspace that is the internet. If I own a blog, based around a special niche, and I have a dedicated article author writing for me 7 days a week...is this wrong and unethical? Or am I smart businessman for recognizing a revenue niche that is being filled?

I agree with you on one thing, senseless websites that pollute the internet downgrades the experience for all of us.

jeeplaw, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  13. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    It's not wrong, but you should not claim the title "blogger", the author of the blog is the blogger. It's nothing wrong with having a business mind and making others work for you, but don't clutter cyberspace with useless nonsense just to make money. Like WeblogsInc.com they have a business spirit and they are successful with having others blog for them. They provide useful, helpful, and entertaining information to cyberspace, they can be considered pioneers to blogging. Their sole purpose for exisitence was not because they wanted to make a fast dollar...they have longevity and built a reputable blogging enterprise.

If you pay someone to write for YOU (to write your personal thoughts), then you are taking away from what a blogger is. Its okay for a company or for an individual to pay a blogger to blog...in a business sense...as described above...but for you to pay someone for their writings because you want to add to your blog is completely different. A blog is different from other publications...a blog is not a book, a blog is not a news story, a blog is not an article. A blog is YOU. Your personal thoughts, your personal opinions, your personal views, your personal experiences, and your personal expression. A blog is an online journal or online diary. How can you pay someone to write your diary?? It's not a biography. When people only blog for the sole purpose of making a dollar then they have no clue what a blog really is. The most successful blogs are those that are not motivated by the dollar. Yes, it is a good thing to make money with a blog, but it should not be the focus of why a person blog. I'm not talking about FAKE bloggers...I'm staking claim to the TRUE bloggers. Those who blog for the passion, those who enjoy writing, enjoying sharing their experiences, enjoy debating their thoughts, views, and opinions...NOT those who create a blog for the sole purpose of making money and when no money comes their way in a few weeks, the blog is dead and lays dormant in cyberspace.

If all you wish to do is publish other people articles then you don't need a blog...simply create an article directory. Leave blogging to those who are passionate about it. True Bloggers.

Now, I do NOT think a person who publish one or two articles from someone else (because it relates, not for the purpose of making money) every so often is misrepresenting blogging, but for your entire blog to be from other people writings, then that does an injustice to the true blogging community.

antonaf, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  14. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    edited

dismiss this. see entry above.

antonaf, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  15. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog software is a type of CMS end of story.
    I use blog software to run numerous of mysites - you'll never find a post from me claiming that I'm a blogger.
    I agree that a 'blog' should be something personal, but the software that runs it has nothing what so ever to do with what a blog is.

jlawrence, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  16. tdiamond14

tdiamond14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone else actually lay claim to similar results like his using his basic strategy?

tdiamond14, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  17. Troutnut

Troutnut Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an alternative method to the auto-generation scheme:

1. Create a site so interesting people want to go there.
    2. Put AdSense on it.
    3. Show it to some people.

Troutnut, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  18. Toolz

Toolz Peon

Best Answers:
    There are bunches of ways to get traffic.
    If you rely on google alone, your in for a world of worry and pain each time the update the index.

Content is King, you need stuff people actually want to see.

And the sandbox is only temporary.
    Take your time, build good links, content and you can even get cheap traffic places like miva.com

Toolz, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  19. giraph

giraph Guest

Best Answers:
    Old enough thread?

giraph, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  20. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its possible to get $5 a day from a one week old site.. u cannot rely on search engine traffic ... as it takes time for sites to get listed and ranked.

Write good articles .. submit to digg like sites.. blog ... write content ... its possible ...

another way is to advertise and get higher returns ... need to choose content carefully ...

but write content which is SE friendly so that with time .. ur pages rank high .. IMO no traffic like SE traffic ... if u have good pages and get the hits from search engines.. all u need to do is do minor changes and traffic flows on and on ...

planning and implementation .. most of it depends on these two .. my 2 cents.

nriweb, Jul 15, 2006 IP