1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to low Bounce Rate?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by luckymoksha, Aug 7, 2013.

Actually I put same analytics code 2 times before </head> in every pages. When bounce rate was very low 2% to 5% only. But now I have put the single code after that bounce rate is so high around 75%. I don't understand. Is this right way?

luckymoksha, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  2. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is something wrong with your code/ settings. As code doesn't play any role in increasing or decreasing bounce rate. May be the code is placed properly.

Bounce rate depends on the quality of landing page (design, interlinking, content, CTA, etc.), it has nothing to do with backend code

khemraj, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  3. krishnakanth

krishnakanth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is wrong. Bounce rate is based on the user actively stay on your website.If an user quickly go away from your site then that is the reason for increasing bounce rate.Use interlinking to reduce bounce rate.

krishnakanth, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  4. ayushirajput

ayushirajput Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of visits that go only one page before exiting a site. There are a number of factors that contribute to your bounce rate..

ayushirajput, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  5. Jamesp071

Jamesp071 Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my experience.. you'd better watch out the connection between ad content and your landing page.

Jamesp071, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  6. Gilbert Samuel

Gilbert Samuel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interlink your post,
    Use internal traffic plugin like: yet another related post
    Quality content matters

The point you mentioned above has no effect in bounce rate. Check out for google's definition of bounce rate in one of the replies.

Gilbert Samuel, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  7. surendradigital

surendradigital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate depend on your site visitor. that how longs time and how many pages are visit..

surendradigital, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  8. Alice Smith

Alice Smith Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate doesnt depends on code. It depends on how much time a visitor stay on your page..

Alice Smith, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  9. shresthakks

shresthakks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of how many readers are landing on the particular page. So to reduce bounce rate, try to show your posts on home page about 8 posts by going on setting of your blog. And try to engage readers by writing some quality information on each of your pages or posts. In this way , your bounce rate will ultimately decreases into low percentage. This is my own experiences friends. Thank you.

shresthakks, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  10. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't actually force someone not to "bounce" from your website.But if you just need to reduce the bounce rate so you will have good looking reports in analytics just get some junk/bot traffic witch is verry cheap , to come to your website toghether with your organic traffic.That should lower the bounce rate.Cheers!

Alin Alex, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  11. Jimmy Parker

Jimmy Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bouce Rate can be reduced with Quality Content pages,404 pages removal,User engagement over pages,
    Many factors cause low bounce rate..First of all you need to check your sites relevanct agains the user queries if they are what you are offering.Design also very important factor in Bounce rate...it should be catchy too

Jimmy Parker, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  12. Ryan Rutan

Ryan Rutan Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope you enjoyed the ideas I've shared in the post guys! That is pretty much how I got to lower my bounce rate from a little over 80% to 70%. Although not a great achievement, that’s definitely a step in the right direction.

Ryan Rutan, Aug 16, 2013 IP
    monfis likes this.
  13. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a fix to get it down under 40% you are welcome to contact me. There are some smart ways to achieve this - white hat - of cause. (For Google analytics users only.)

monfis, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  14. mskish

mskish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great Advice! I never thought about Interlink before inside of my post. I am going to start using this tip tonight. Thanks for the tip Gilbert.

mskish, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  15. Anjali Gupta

Anjali Gupta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Friend, Bounce rate does not depend on analytics code, It depend on users who visit your website. If you want low bounce rate You have to perform only white hat seo activities and update your website with relevant and unique content. Website must also be fast loading with fewer errors.

Anjali Gupta, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  16. Jeenfer

Jeenfer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate, as you doubt is not related to the script you placed in your code. These may be the reasons why you get high bounce rate.
    1. Your landing page is not properly optimized. It's not compelling enough for the visitors to stay.
    2. The page has a low amount of content or low quality content.
    3. May be you haven't got the right visitors. That is you've bought the visitors to your site for a wrong keyword so they don't find what they looked for. Optimize them.
    4. Make the design catchy enough for the readers to stay.
    5. Increase your page speed. People don't wait for a long time for your page to load. Optimize your page speed. Use minimal javascript.
    6. Make the navigation easy for the users.
    Try the above steps. They'll surely help you reduce the bounce rate.

Jeenfer, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  17. SoftwareExperts

SoftwareExperts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate depends upon the Viewers perspective, if you have good deign website with quality content without any spam. Visitors will love to stay on your site to read more data and hence lowers your bounce rate.

SoftwareExperts, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  18. sonalisanap0

sonalisanap0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce Rate is depends on how well you have optimized your site

sonalisanap0, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  19. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some suggest to reduce your bounce rate you may reduce amount of pages, add related post of linked post and you must have a quality content.
    The code has nothing to do with your site bounce rate.

werliyu, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  20. ClickPencil

ClickPencil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate in dos't depends on code.It depends on visitors for how longs time stay and how many pages are visit..

ClickPencil, Sep 25, 2013 IP