1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Link CSS File

Discussion in 'CSS' started by kertoon, Jun 29, 2014.

I have already combined four CSS code into one file and have it uploaded into my directory. I have added a link in the header.php. All of the four individual CSS files are in directory. Now do I have to remove or delete the four individual CSS files?
    The four are: style.css, custom.css, plugin related ccc and minified index css.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    kertoon, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anytime you are not sure if you will need something you should just save them in an archive outside of the webspace. then test an make sure everything works without them. As ;ong as you keep the copies in an archive you have the kind of version control that allows you to recover if a problem shows up at a later date.

COBOLdinosaur, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  3. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you combined the 4 into that single file (which is always a good idea to reduce the number of HTTP requests) you can now delete the 4 individual files since they are no longer being used.

RAND0M1ZER, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  4. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can remove the other 4 styles and use only one combined CSS. Even if you have 4 css all the css will be requested only once during the first time a page is loaded and will be saved in the local folder for style reference. It will not be requested again and again. That is the use of CSS.

carrieathomer, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  5. kertoon

kertoon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys.

kertoon, Aug 5, 2014 IP