1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to leverage my skills

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PGH, Oct 21, 2016.

Skills That Pay The Bills...

Some of you have been lucky enough to find your 'calling', and I myself am blessed to have a steady career and salary in insurance/finance. However, we're always looking for ways to create supplemental income. I'm always looking to expand, and that's were you guys/gals come in :)

I have 5+years in areas of:
    Insurance (mainly commercial lines)
    Finance/Loans(ex: cars)/Mortgage
    B2b & B2C collections
    Communicating via e-mail/phone (I guess I could add proficient writer here, as well)
    Data Entry

..this is just a refrained list, I'm sure I could add more.

SO the question is: how can I transfer my skillset/experience into an online ventures/business?

All opinions are welcomed :) Many thanks!

PGH, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article writing, blogging as an expert in your fields (one blog per niche), virtual assistant doing data entry/phone answering/etc..., ebook/video sales about the items that you are expert in (to the general net populace and/or PLR), all kinds of things.

Also, think of tangents to your skill sets. Business start up knowledge for Ecommerce businesses covering all the needs that they will have, especially the ins, for example.

Collections isn't that big of a thing, unless you want to start a collections agency. It sucks though, as you may well know. I have done it for all sorts of things. Perhaps a how to guide on reducing collections costs, or, how to shake the collections agent as an ebook or video. I hadn't thought of that till now, cripes, that is sad, lol.

Or, do like I did, toss it all out the window and learn something new since you have a basis to work with in knowledge, and a lot of things have overlapping skill sets.

wordplucker, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  3. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You actually have some pretty good skills. Writing informational, short or long e-books if you have any content that would work for that could be an option. Starting a website and online presence based on giving advice and information based on your field could also work. Those are good starts, basically how can you use your experience / what you know to help people, if they need help.

Matteo Matt, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see communication and data entry, and those might be good to start off online. Knowing about insurance is good, so you might want to start a Vlog, blog or a combination of it, to talk about insurance, give advise, etc. You can start a consultancy about insurance. People will pay if you give good advise.

Milliardo, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  5. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Insurance is a very good stream and the market is growing. In today's era everyone is conscious of getting insured. So, there's the catch and you can take advantage of it.

knowledgeherald, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  6. PGH

PGH Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the support everyone! Getting to work now :)

PGH, Oct 30, 2016 IP
  7. dpac852

dpac852 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you can setup training courses and teach people the insider knowledge about your expertise e.g. insurance, how to avoid losing money and purchased the right insurance products etc. my 2c..

dpac852, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  8. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

You could start as an affiliate selling insurance products with PPC or CPA. There are tons of options available. You could publish an ebook and sell it in Amazon. You have a lot of options.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  9. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buddy, you can be a consultant or a coach! :) This is one great gift, which you can absolutely make as income source online. Good luck!

Anitasol, Feb 4, 2017 IP
  10. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    You already have some quality skills. You can start affiliate marketing if you've the idea!
    Else Content, composing your weblog as an professional in your areas (one weblog per niche), va doing information entry/phone answering/etc..., ebook/video product sales about those things that you are professional in (to the common net population and/or PLR), everything.

robinymym, Feb 8, 2017 IP