1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to know the link is do follow

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by khepri, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally follow. There are some commercial exceptions out there.

Digital Point is Follow. They allow signature links, a homepage link (sub-menu on your name above) and if you have a blog, a link to your latest post.

Dodger, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  2. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    View and search the source code. What else can I say.

SearchBliss, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. puzzle

puzzle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop hating me for the next couple of minutes. Give me a chance to explain.

First, when you called someone spam, spammer, it brings the meaning of posting advertisements or useless posts on a forum (source: wikepedia)

In this case, I am providing an solution/ alternative to the reader of this thread "How to know the link is do follow".
    I can be blammed for the way I promote this tool but it does not defeat the truth this tool indeed can find the dofollow blogs, easily if not precisely.
    (Even you created a custom google search engine/ manual filtering, the dofollow site you added today can easily become nofollow the next day.)

This tool is meant for those who is seeking for dofollow blog. If you search how many times the same question ask "what is dofollow" then please see i am just repeating my answers for the same questions. It is the same like those who answered "use comment kahuna", "use seoquake". Are they spam too? You might have seen my answers many times but it doesn't mean others who are new (new to dofollow concept) have seen this tool.

Regarding the site for money+site.edu screenshot i made early this year. Yes it is an old screenshot so I ran a check minutes ago.
    http://www.cs.washington.edu/ is no longer a dofollow site and naguerre is indeed drop to PR.
    Sorry about that.

Spam is going around DP to post the same thread over and over again no matter what question is being asked.
    So far, I have ensured I am answering specifically to dofollow related question.

-----------

When coming to this thread, the easites way to solve this issue is like what tankard said ealier: visit at any site. If IE, use VIEW -> Source -> when the source code open -> control+F and look for nofollow, if there is no "nofollow" found, then it can be a dofollow site.

Leave a comment at this site. In 4-8 weeks time, run a search on google using command -> links:http://www.yoursite.com to see if the backlink come back to your site.

Lastly, regarding why there is no PR on my site. I bet I have to blame myself for being lazy. If you try using "links: www.howtorankhigh.com" in google and you can see I have successfully obtained some links from high PR site by using this tool. PR is just a number games for sum of backlinks, i know how it works.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate you spend time reading my explaination.

puzzle, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Well puzzle, if the shoe fits.

Look, you have been sprinkling that link here and there with ad-like wording. Yet when you actually click-thru to the linked page there is no mention of what the tool is named, how it works, whether it is an online tool or desktop software (in which case, you just lost me dude). Nothing, nada.

The only link on that page, Sitemap, gets a 404.

And here is a flash, pardon the pun, you want us to give you our email address and name to find out what this tool is all about? What got me was the form is embedded inside of Flash SWF file, just gets me to wondering what else is hidden inside.

As for people dropping names like 'comment kahuna', 'seoquake', or 'google' even ... those are endorsements. Plus, a majority of the time they do not leave a link to those pages ... they just mention their names. Can you see the difference between that and what you did?

Dodger, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. puzzle

puzzle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dodger, You got your point and I have revised my page. And use my signature to promote instead.

Feel free to PM me if you are any more suggestions. I take it with open hearts.

puzzle, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. machej

machej Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In firefox it's simply VIEW > PAGE SOURCE > CTRL "F" when in the document and look for the link and look at the tags around the link...

machej, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Peon

Best Answers:
    Just use firefox & the seo firefox plugin , it makes it easy to spot do-follow & no-follow tags, because it color highlighted.

Dirty Dog, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  8. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    can know it from anchor tag

rena, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  9. wsitehelp

wsitehelp Guest

Best Answers:
    FireFox Add On NoDoFollow and SEOQuake works very well.

wsitehelp, Oct 7, 2008 IP