1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to know if my site has been penalized by google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by v4vaibhav, Oct 28, 2013.

Hi

My site was showing on 4th page for the relevant keywords search on google. And it was there since last 4 days and stayed there. But today, when I checked, it is not there at all in the searches.

I purchased backlinks about a week ago. At that time, I was not aware that google prohibits doing that. Can there be a possibility that my site has been penalized? Is there any way to confirm that? If yes, how can correct this situation?

Please help.

Thanks and regards

Vaibhav

v4vaibhav, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  2. lor

lor Active Member

Best Answers:
    That may be the reason. It's just not worth trying those tactics. They are meaningless given most aren't even related to your niche. Try a search like this "site:your site" and see how many of your pages are still indexed.

lor, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  3. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're worried about the links you've purchased, check for any notifications of unnatural linking within Google Webmaster Tools. Furthermore, if you're really worried about this links you can use the Disavow tool to request Google do not take these into account when ranking your site within their search listings.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  4. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    this has always been very difficult to tell. Google can penalize your site for various reasons including:
    Buying black hat links
    Using hidden text ie with CSS positioning or Javascript,
    Keyword Stuffing (that’s the process of inserting far too many keywords into your text in an effort to rank better)
    If detected then your site would be penalized and drop in the rankings.

Matt Alen, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. VanessaMeacham

VanessaMeacham Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I completely agree with Matt. It's always difficult to tell the reason why your site is penalized but you can check in webmaster about links which you have bought.

VanessaMeacham, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  6. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just to add to what the others have already said, if you're asking if your site has been penalized by Google, I'd say that is has, pretty obviously. If it doesn't even appear, after being #4, you probably did something wrong in their eyes (which you did, buying backlinks is indeed prohibited).

Here's a quote that supports what I just claimed and it's URL. "[...]" means I've omitted something to save space, but the link to the full page is down below. The bold text I added to emphasize the answer to your question.
    Source: http://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

Here are Google's "Webmater Guidelines"
    Link: http://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    aidanriley629, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  7. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @aidanriley629 Your insights and links should suffice to educate all who want shortcuts to increase their PR.

rayalfy, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    aidanriley629 likes this.
  8. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    @rayalfy I'm delirious & sleep deprived but thanks for what I believe is a compliment on digitalpoint (never before seen) and for showing me that we can now tag people like on FB and twitter here. xD!!!!

aidanriley629, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  9. rayalfy

rayalfy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the thumbs up

rayalfy, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  10. seocompany86.com

seocompany86.com Peon

Best Answers:
    is there any website to check the domain to see if it was penalized ? we have one website medicalbathtubs.com, as if we did much work but keyword "walk in tubs" is not in google 20 pages.

seocompany86.com, Nov 1, 2013 IP