1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to keep Image quality in web design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by nile1483, Jul 2, 2010.

Hi,

i am designing web since 2005, but if i look i my portfolio i will see that there are something with images quality, whatever i picture i use it`s look dull in website, while i say in other successful designer portfolio images look prety, can someone tell me how to keep quality in images, that looks good in images (ie banner, background and other source)

Thanks

nile1483, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  2. pa3ick

pa3ick Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure, what you really want to know... :)

pa3ick, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  3. Rockstarr

Rockstarr Member

Best Answers:
    It depends. The most common I see for web design are .GIF, .JPG, and .PNG images. GIF images are the lowest quality, and in Photoshop you can set the quality from 1-12 on JPG with 12 being the highest. The highest quality though that I usually see in web design are PNG images. So, I'm guessing, based on what you said, that I'd see if you have your images saved like that.

Rockstarr, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  4. Misa_Misa

Misa_Misa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so from my personal experience in order to achieve perfect quality in resizing ( either scale up, or scale down ), th best solution is to work in vector!
    Then you can resize it to any size, or print it out on a T-shirt or something with perfect quality.
    a great tool for creating such graphics is Adobe Illustrator.

*Note that if you were using Adobe Photoshop that your graphics are raster, and not vector.

:) :D ;)

Misa_Misa, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  5. nile1483

nile1483 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Both of you thanks for your reply, i am not asking you waht to use raster or vector base software, i am a designer i know difference and i worked on both of them, but when photoshop is necessary where you cant use vector base software

i am asking particularly on clearity of image after saving image in jpg or png

i attached two file you can see the difference, first one from net where some good designer keep quality of logo second is mine you can see the border space near logo it is not clear or sharp

aaa.png

bbb.png

thanks

nile1483, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  6. iEddie_B

iEddie_B Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure to make them in high-resolution and high DPI.

iEddie_B, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  7. halfcut

halfcut Peon

Best Answers:
    The way I do it is to work on the image at least double, usually 4x the size they are eventually going to be; then as the VERY LAST THING YOU DO, resample it down to it's final size. You end up with clearer, sharper graphics that way.

halfcut, Jul 4, 2010 IP