1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Install multiple wordpress blog on WAMP server locally

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by fl0w, Nov 24, 2010.

Does anyone know how to install two or more blogs all on one WAMP server locally for testing purposes before going live..?

Explain what to do in phpMyAdmin control panel when creating database for the two blogs etc...

Which wordpress files to configure I definetly know one is wp-config.php but what others yet to configure...

please give me directions on where I could get more answers regarding multiple wordpress installations on WAMP server..

fl0w, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  2. daljit

daljit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    daljit, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  3. fl0w

fl0w Active Member

Best Answers:
    fl0w, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  4. The Mad Genealogist

The Mad Genealogist Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Not sure if this is what you mean but I did exactly the same thing a little while ago using 2 Wordpress and a Joomla test site before going live. All sites were new not ones already established on the net. The purpose was for just testing template and plugin edits.

Go into your phpMyAdmin control panel and create 2 databases.

Unzip WP and rename folder say test1. Edit wp-config file with the database 1 details such as database name, password, host and user. I think mine were host: localhost and user:root and password was the one I used when I installed wamp.

Move to www folder of wamp.

Unzip WP again and rename this folder to test2. Edit wp-config file with 2nd database details. Move to www folder.

Go through the usual WP install for both sites typing the ususal localhost/test1/wp-admin/install.php and localhost/test2/wp-admin/install.php I think it was. Don't forget the http:// before localhost.

Now if you go to localhost/test1 you will have one site and if you go to localhost/test2 you will have the 2nd Wordpress site.

I hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    The Mad Genealogist, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  5. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    I also run a localhost on my computer called XAMPP. Is this also applicable to run multiple websites on wordpress?

ParentingCoachLisa, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  6. fl0w

fl0w Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think your explaination helps ..

fl0w, Dec 18, 2010 IP