1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to install IP.Board on LEMP stack?

Discussion in 'Nginx' started by Blaxis, Jan 27, 2016.

Hello,

I am stuck installing IP.Board on my DigitalOcean droplet. It is LEMP stack installed via one-click install.

I uploaded IP.Board files to my droplet's home directory. But I don't know how to prepare things for install. Someone help me please. Step by step is great for me :) If things don't work out with LEMP, I can go for LAMP too.

Thank you in advance!

Blaxis, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Connect with ssh to your vps

First delete apache and php5 doing the following:

apt-get autoremove php* apache*

Than start by using easyengine as the fastest way to create a LEMP environment for you:

wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee && sudo bash ee

That will install and setup mysql, php and nginx for you, also keep a note of the passwords that it will show you if any.

Now go to your domain provider and create a CNAME record and point it to your server IP.

Than back to VPS use the command:

ee create yourdomain.com --mysql

This will make a new site that support php mysql in the folder
    /var/www/yourdomain.com
    Make a note of the mysql password and username

browse there than browse inside htdocs and upload ipboard, "you can do that using winscp or wget, assuming you know how, otherwise read a tutorial of how to upload files through ssh, or how to setup proftpd server."

Extract ipbload if it's zipped and make sure all files are in htdocs and not sub folders.

now proceed with installation using the mysql info you kept note of earlier.

Also note that connecting the domain to the vps might take up to 24 hours so change your dns or be patient. u can also try on windows cmd "ipconfig /flushdns".

if you need any more help just let me know.

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP