1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to install Google Tag Manager on websites which already have analytics UA code installed?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Aniuj Sharma, Aug 14, 2015.

• Any conflicts, advice, warnings that I should keep in mind.
      Right now all I am thinking of is copying the code just after opening the body tag.
    • One of my websites have thousands of dynamic pages (http://couponeasy.com/). Will the tag work if I install it after the opening of <body> of home page? or should I be installing it in the head?
    • I already have UA tags pre-installed on each property, can the tag manager installation affect this in any manner?
      Do I need to follow any special instruction to migrate?

Awaiting your expert advice! :)

Aniuj Sharma, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  2. jakreo

jakreo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can place GA code and GTM both on the website at the same time. You can remove GA code if you have a tag for pageviews tracking in GTM and tags for all events which you have created for GA (Like any button click or any outbound link click).

Just like GA code you have to make sure that code should be on each page of your website and

jakreo, Sep 21, 2015 IP