1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Increasre Visitor Time On Site ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by digitaltours, Jul 21, 2010.

Hello SEO Experts !

i am running movie web portal. i want to incerase visit time on site. can you please suggest. how i can do it.

i am also going to redesign my site. please tell me what more features and funcationality i can add on this.

please suggest me.. link is. http://www.mymoviecinema.com

Thanks for gving me your presious time....

digitaltours, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  2. vijay pathania

vijay pathania Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to make your site's content attractive and interesting. add some some movies reviews and add "read more" like button there ..so that visitors can read you content and if he/she find your content interesting then ..they will spend more time...add some movies trailer too... i think it will work for you...

vijay pathania, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  3. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site looks good. For more visitor time on site. you need to popular your site. Try some of internet marketing. Participate some of movie forums.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    Jeff Collision, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. kristine

kristine Active Member

Best Answers:
    the title and the first paragraph is important. Make it more catchy for the audience look forward to what is next. Make your site more interesting.

kristine, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  5. jaketwilight

jaketwilight Peon

Best Answers:
    Create Interesting articles at your blog.. maybe effective.

jaketwilight, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  6. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look for content on the forum where people are spending most time, you need to align other content in similar manner.

jitendraag, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  7. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have unique and appealing content on your website..this will help to keep visitors on the site for a longer time period..

georgescifo, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  8. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    offer a lot of unique and interesting content that won't keep the visitors bored. Having a lot of content will keep them staying for longer.

zurpit.com, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  9. sunnykwok25

sunnykwok25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not create a splash page? This page will entice the viewer to explore more of the site. Here is an example of a splash page.
    http://www.skunky.it/

As you can see the user can decide if the site is right for them before they even enter into the content area, this can make your site more attractive on first impression.

sunnykwok25, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  10. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only one way to Increasre Visitor Time On Site is your site must be look very attractive and yoru site content also be much interested then peopel will stay long time on your site

sousen, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  11. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I could understand why some members would get angry and leave. You site creates the impression that members are about to actually watch a specific movie online, but then only get to see the trailer. They then have to register...and I'm assuming pay money...to actually watch something. Yes, I know that's why it is called a "portal".

I guess most people are just looking for something "free".

jasonvan, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  12. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think your site looks a little unprofessional, maybe invest in a good designer.

gocali2009, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  13. sasanchez

sasanchez Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey digitaltours,

I'm glad to hear you are going to be redesigning your site. It needs a lot of work.

Here are 10 tips to keep in mind during your redesign. Most are pretty basic, but they can have a pretty profound effect on your website’s redesign...

1. Review your purpose. Who are my visitors? What do I want them to do? What do they expect from this site? How can I meet their expectations?
    2. Revisit your navigation. Make sure your navigation structure makes immediate sense to your visitors and that they’re always just a few clicks from what they want.
    3. Repeat your design. Aesthetic consistency is one of the best ways to enhance usability in website redesign. Keep your logo and tag line and major design elements up where visitors can see them, preferably with visual navigation indicators to let them know where they are.
    4. Reconsider the extras. Is the flash really necessary? I personally think it is WAY too fast and if very distracting.
    5. Reinstall your web analytics. This is your chance to see how your redesign will fare. You’ll need to tinker more with the stuff in the near future, so start tracking its performance now.
    6. Recheck your copy. Usability in website redesign may be improved by restyling your text to fit your new pages.
    7. Realign your layouts. Make your pages scannable to the average eye, front-loading vital information and using graphs, bullets, and other visual aids to communicate information quickly.
    8. Revaluate your media. Excessive pictures or animation may significantly reduce usability in website redesign if they don’t deserve to deliver a concise message. Make sure the eye has someplace to rest on your page after going over all the glitz.
    9. Reconnect to your visitors. The best websites communicate information quickly and concisely to visitors while also projecting an attractive persona. Give them a sense of the kind of company you are with a warm personality that pervades your site. Include staff biographies and personal comments.
    10. Respect your visitors, as well. Give them whatever they want quickly, trusting that their satisfaction will translate to a better feeling about your website.

Let me know what you think. I would be happy to talk more with you about your redesign.

Optimizing your website for conversion isn't expensive. Leaving money on the table is.

Kindly,

Shelby : )

sasanchez, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  14. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are running a movie portal site,then i suggest to post some movie review from the latest upcoming movies.

rainier, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  15. chipset83

chipset83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site content also be much interested then peopel will stay long time on your site , try to link exchange and subcribe your post on twitter ..

chipset83, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  16. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would take your best video which should be in the highest quality format and do a full width feature on the top above the thumbnail videos. Plus it looks like you have aspect ratios off in your thumbnail images it all seems stretched horizontally to me.

scotman, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  17. priyaseo

priyaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Make proper navigation between your pages so that people wont leave your site in an instance. Add some interesting and related links between each and every pages.

priyaseo, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  18. escuver

escuver Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you should buy unique hit :)

escuver, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  19. smithseo

smithseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    humm....not to worry, if you appear some unique contents that is quit interesting then definitely one will stay to read or watch the whole thing. As you have a movie web portal, in this case i would suggest, while uploading a movie tailor or whole movie that time you need to give some briefing about content.

smithseo, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  20. ksb

ksb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well to increase you visitor time on your site then use attractive content and always add latest movies trailer or videos... and when you telling about a movie then put their snapshot on the post...

ksb, Jul 22, 2010 IP