1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to increase traffic on my site?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Alia sharma, Apr 22, 2015.

Hi Friends,

I have a website http://www.softwarevilla.com/ . It is simple, easy-to-use and mobile friendly website. From here user can download software without any distortion.
    My question is that "How to increase traffic on my website"
    please any one suggest me

Alia sharma, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  2. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask a marketer or business owner what they’d like most in the world, and they’ll probably tell you “more customers.” What often comes after customers on a business’ wish list? More traffic to their site. There are many ways you can increase traffic on your website, and in today’s post, we’re going to look at some of them.

• Advertise
    • Get Social
    • Start Guest Blogging
    • Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site
    • Go After Referral Traffic
    • Post Content to LinkedIn
    • Link Internally
    They are many types throw traffic available on your sites.

Rocko Berry, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  3. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could add the website to your sig and post on related forums. Reading this article might help you. Article Not a huge traffic source but it's a start

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've got the nasty feeling we have different definitions of what that means.

Some actual content on the page might help -- the endless sea of links (that likely change frequently) provides no static content for search engines to latch onto in a meaningful manner. When pretty much ALL your content are links off-site, you're really not providing anything to tell fresh first-time visitors what they are even looking at, or why they should care.

You have a number of issues in the markup and general design I'd also try to clean up; visually the uneven paddings on the headings give the feeling of it not being well crafted, while under the hood your various META need some help.

META[keywords] for example is supposed to be seven or eight words (or proper names being the only acceptable case of multiple words per term) that exist inside body as CDATA that you want a slight uprank for. That's what it's for. Your current values actually have zero relevance to your content.

Your META[description] isn't too bad, though I'd skip restating the site name and get most of the crap out of your TITLE tag since remember, TITLE exists to be what's shown in the taskbar, window title, tab title or SERP as the link to the page. META[description] is the text to be shown below that link/title on the SERP; so filling both with much the same thing is NOT helping anyone. Get the title down to just the name of the site, perhaps preceded by the current topic on sub-pages, and make sure the description is not redundant.

Likewise if you need that stupid X-UA garbage, you've likely done something horribly and disastrously wrong, particularly on such a simple site; and the bloated broken viewport meta that's disabling zoom; way to make a site useful to visitors (not)

You've got some major bloat issues, and much of it is easily recognized as being the typical idiocy that is "frameworks" -- in this case jQuery for NOTHING, Dreamweaver's stupid malfing "MM_" scripttardery doing CSS' job, and of course the train wreck disaster of "how NOT to build a website" known as bootcrap; do yourself a favor and go find a stick to scrape that off with before you track it all over your sites carpets.

This is quite evident in the ridiculous size of the markup -- you've got a HTML file measuring in at a batshit insane 57k when you have little more than a bunch of icons and anchors not even totaling 2.21k of plaintext. THAT's a big problem and likely two to five times as much code as necessary. The 67 separate file requests are problematic too, though all those little icons not being 'static' to all pages likely makes the normal solution of CSS sprites not entirely viable/practical -- still the ridiculous 13 separate script files and even sillier 207k of CSS in 4 separate files should likely have a giant axe swung at them; particularly when I'm not seeing a blasted thing I'd be wasting more than 4k of scripting and 16k of CSS on site-wide! Much less the absurd amount of static scripting and style inlined in the markup kissing off any chance at leveraging caching models properly.

Setting aside the scripttardery and framework nonsense, the markup is no winner either; redundant/pointless use of the TITLE attribute (there is NO reason to waste bandwidth on TITLE if the tag it's on contains the EXACT SAME TEXT), endless pointless clearing DIV for nothing (not that post 2001 there's a legitimate reason to be using clearing DIV or nonsense like clearfix -- EVAR!!!), pointless tables, presentational markup, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, little if anything remotely resembling a logical document structure thanks to abusing DIV to do numbered heading's job (so broken keyboard/screen reader navigation), I could go on for quite some time.

It really needs a code overhaul both from a speed and accessibility standpoint. The design and content could use similar tweaking. I'm really not seeing a whole lot on your site that would warrant the use of having the average page have ANY scripting, more than 24k of HTML for the home page (less on many of the sub-pages) and maybe 32k of CSS for the ENTIRE site. In fact I could probably bring it in FAR under those numbers.

Also, have you contacted any of the originators of said software? If you are indeed offering free mirrors of their software, I'm quite sure many of them would gladly give you a free backlink on their sites; particularly the ones that seem to think download.com is a legitimate download site at this point.

Since to be frank, despite everything I just said what you have so far blows the steaming piles of manure most download sites are clean out of the water! Well done on that front so far.

But getting it faster, fixing the accessibility issues and bothering to use HTML properly without the idiotic frameworks would do a lot for you in terms of visitor conversion and retention, which can be just as if not more important than getting people in the door in the first place. Remember, getting people to come in is only the first step; keeping them coming back and making the site useful to as many potential visitors as possible is just as important. ... and something the SEO crowd, PSD jockeys and "gee ain't it neat" scripttards often loses sight of.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    deathshadow, Apr 22, 2015 IP
    wco likes this.
  5. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy ways to get traffic to your website is forum posts, blog posts, and Social Media.

Good Luck to You.

KatnissEverdeen, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  6. Autix

Autix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you could advertise best thing to do.

Autix, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  7. Rafael Ferreras Castillo

Rafael Ferreras Castillo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Alia

Here is some tips to get more traffic in your niche about software. (Give some Free software and put in on some free software directory with you link inside)

You can also create a squeeze page, also giving some free software and put the link to the squeeze page in the signature in a forum about the niche that you are working.

I Hope that this can help you!!!

8. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many creative ways to increase traffic to your website. As long as your creating good, original content, you should see a natural increase in traffic. Here is some method for you:
    * Use social media channels topromote your content
    * Develop good headlines
    * Write list blog posts — they get more traffic than any other kind of post
    * Target Long-Tail Keywords
    * Don’t Neglect Email Marketing
    * Start a forum and so on. Might it helps you some.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  9. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Alia,

I am pretty familiar with the competition for the downloading portion of this 'service-industry'.
    What have you been doing to-date to make efforts to advertise, or market your website and the products it provides?

Do you have a Discussion Board (i.e VBulletin, though a bit pricy), how about a small Chatroom for users? Even a (Professionally designed) Chatbox may increase traffic, but more importantly retain customers and allow them to communicate between one another the effectiveness of your products/downloads--even more importantly, the safety of the content in which you are offering.

Do you have any feedback system in place for download accuracy/compatibility at this time that I did not otherwise see? Very respectfully. William

wco, May 3, 2015 IP
  10. alannahgmvw

alannahgmvw Peon

Best Answers:
    make your site mobile friendly

alannahgmvw, May 17, 2015 IP
  11. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter. Put your website on your profile and tweet at least three times a day. I usually post what's going on in the news and motivational quotes. Anything to get people's attention. Also create a Facebook fan page with your website and have your twitter followers go there and like your page.

ceenote100, May 17, 2015 IP
  12. Affixate Digital Media

Affixate Digital Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Search optimizations, Social!

Affixate Digital Media, May 18, 2015 IP
  13. sapnajain

sapnajain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do proper Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and Search Media Optimization(SMO).

sapnajain, May 26, 2015 IP
  14. Nadeemanwar

Nadeemanwar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    simple way of tv advertismint only

Nadeemanwar, May 27, 2015 IP
  15. lukeSwenson

lukeSwenson Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Write articles rich in content
    2. Content that can be shared is a good way to increase traffic.
    3. Create and post content frequently.
    4. The easiest way is to buy traffic and I would suggest you to try SEOClerks, as I think it is the best site to buy traffic from freelancers at cheap rates.

lukeSwenson, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  16. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Social media can really be a great help to get traffic. The more you engage with users the more you attract users.

TB Ann, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  17. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is looking professional and good. It must have traffic. May be your seo is not done properly. U should keep an eye on it and learn new things about seo and apply them on your site. Seo is changing day by day and if any one want to survive online then he/she must continue learning new things..

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  18. shiveta

shiveta Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I am prahalad Singh
    Thanks
    IWT Training Institute

shiveta, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  19. Ranjan Pal

Ranjan Pal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

promote your website on google.com use google adwords create facebook fan page and twitter page

Ranjan Pal, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  20. Nadeemanwar

Nadeemanwar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m SEO Spacial list i have increase traffic on your site

let me know?

Nadeemanwar, Jul 20, 2018 IP