1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to increase page rank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nilay Singh, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Nilay Singh

Nilay Singh Member

Best Answers:
    One thing my dear friend how will you know which content is original if 100 sites have same line by line content just pararaph changed and use comma and other special character and tittle change how google find who copied whome . the only way is to just see time of post and I don't think google is that intelligent .
    All I am saying copied content will get huge competition and only site which have good rank will gain . There are lots of demerit and error in google algorithm according to me I wonder why experts just give advice which is not very well read and researched .

Nilay Singh, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  2. Nilay Singh

Nilay Singh Member

Best Answers:
    If I follow your reply the only thing I understand that original content I think original content will only be original if no one reads and copied . And you have suggested that blog commenting and directory listings all are thought as spam . I wonder how panda and other algo works how in the hell they know all things I have never see any proper detail of these algo . All things are rumours . Then google should not recognise backlinks in their seo they just see original content . The PR ranks and other things are just joke google should publish some guidelines for seo right way.

Nilay Singh, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  3. johnitw

johnitw Member

Best Answers:
    Nilay, each single page on the internet is assigned a PR value. For example, the homepage of Facebook is a PR7. But if you create a new Facebook page your new Facebook page will have PR 0. So you are not getting links from high PR pages by creating new profiles.

Also, Page Rank is only updated about 4 times a year so please don't waste time continually checking your page rank every day!

johnitw, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  4. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    Google page rank depend on your quality back-links and traffic. So build high pr back-links from relevant sites. you can use following way for back-links and traffic.
    • Guest posting
    • Blog Comments (Do-follow)
    • Article Submissions
    • Classified Ad posting
    • Social Bookmarking
    • Sharing on Social Networking Sites

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  5. neetuk

neetuk Member

Best Answers:
    Create high quality backlinks to increase page rank.

neetuk, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  6. ayush.

ayush. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I got one of my websites from PR0 to PR2 in a few months, perhaps it was upgraded from 0 to 2 from the very first google pagerank update my website had faced after it's creation.

I used to get sufficient amount of unique visitors per day, kept on posting new content weekly and yeah, I did some link exchange with other websites (50 links, approximately).

Well, I was extremely delighted that time as it was the first time I had website rated above PR1.. It's not that hard, believe me. Just post quality, not quantity..

ayush., Aug 1, 2013 IP
  7. martincrowe1987

martincrowe1987 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The concept of page rank is very clear, as we know that page rank show the importance of our website. There are many factors which Google consider, one thing which Google give importance that is back links.

How many quality back links of your website that help to generate to page rank. Always try to make do follow and theme related link which Google give more preference. If you do so I think you can get easily get page rank on your website.

martincrowe1987, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  8. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

About niche relation you're correct, but regarding dofollow that's not the best practice. You'd need about equally the amount of nofollow and dofollow. Pure dofollow and you will get caught for obviously gaming the system.

SliceOfLife, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  9. Tonie Konig

Tonie Konig Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is a dropped domain exactly? I know about fake domains and how to check with a fake pr checker, how do you check for dropped domain?

Tonie Konig, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  10. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Domain that has been registered before, but has either been dropped or has expired.

SliceOfLife, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  11. onqdirector

onqdirector Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to try magic. ....Of the various magics I would suggest the voodoo magic for your case.
    Try meditating in the full lotus position inside of a pentagram surrounded by black candles and chant the mantra "eye amm soe faa king we todd ed" to evoke the Google Gods. If this doesn't work... simply submit your URL to bing webmaster tools to get a high PR.

onqdirector, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  12. Awaisgreat

Awaisgreat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you should improve your SEO and post new stuff. There are many freelance writers that can do that for you and some sites like microworkers.com that can improve your seo and other stuff

Awaisgreat, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  13. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    off page your site and try to get links for high quality sites.

beacon.seo, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  14. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nilay I will try explaining things to you what my other fellow forum members are trying to do in vain.

This was your first question. Your backlinks from Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Adobe are absolutely worthless when it comes to improving your page rank. The reason why this is the case is because all the links from these websites are no-follow. There are two types of links - do-follow and no-follow. A do follow link will be like this:

<a href="http://www.digitalpoint.com"> Digital Point </a>
    Code (markup):

A No-Follow link will be like this:

<a href="http://www.digitalpoint.com" rel="nofollow"> Digital Point </a>
    Code (markup):

The difference between the first and second link is that the second link has "nofollow" tag. So if you have only one link of your website in Facebook's home page which has a PageRank of 9, you will get a Page Rank of 7. But that one link should be do-follow. If there are 1 Billion no-follow links to your website from 1 Billion websites which have PR 9, your page rank will still be zero or in some cases 1 or 2.

How to check if a link is do-follow or no-follow? You have addons you can install in chrome or firefox, that will highlight no-follow links in red box. If you want to check how many do-follow and no-follow links your website has, go to ahrefs.com. Google webmasters tool will not tell you anything about this information. I did a check for your website's home page and your website has 7,561 do-follow links and 2,138 no-follow links. This might seem like a large number of do-follow links. But you must realize that they might just be links from your own website pages to your home page. As you already know, the links should be in high PR pages themselves, for you to get an increase in page rank. If you have 10,000 PR 0 website links to your website, you might only get a PR of 1, but if you have only one PR 9 website linking to your website, your PR will jump to 5 or 6. Also note that PR changes is not immediate. Google updates PR only once in 3 to 4 months. We are still waiting for the next PR update. It was expected on the first week of July.

Continued...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Alrik Vincent, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  15. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ...Continuation

Okay now coming to the second issue:

The person who told you this had a point. Please note that if your website is not succeeding, then you are doing something wrong that you do not yet realize. It might not always be Google's mistake. What the other members said about duplicate content is correct. I don't know if it will affect your Page Rank. In extreme cases it should.

Google finds which content is original using a variety of ways. One of the ways is ranking the page with the highest authority and PR. For example, if I had a blog post and New York Times had the same blog post, then chances are that New York Times has the original. Google knows this by the authority that New York Times has. But if I have a website which has a blog post, and if you have a website which has the same blog post and both our websites have same authority, Google will determine which is the original content by displaying which page has the most backlinks to that same content. Some people who copy the content will put a link back to the source from where they copied. That is another way Google decides which is original content. If many website who copy the content cite the same source, then the source will be considered to be the original content and everything else duplicate. So if New York times copies my post in my blog and gives a link to my blog as a source, then Google will rank my website over New York Times. This is not something I am making up, but this is how it works and you can find live cases if you take the time to look.

Nilay you must understand that Google doesn't tell how their algorithm works, because if people tell how it worked, they will manipulate it like they used to before. For example if Google says if you have backlinks we will rank you high, you just have to make several fake blogs and your website will rank immediately. Google's strength is its search algorithm and that is why Microsoft even after pumping billions of dollars into their search engine Bing are not able to succeed.

So how do the experts say this will work and this will not work? Because they have tried and tested it. Duplicate content used to work post-panda. But many websites saw a drop in traffic, page rank etc after the panda update. What did all those websites have in common? They had duplicate content.

I hope I have explained all your queries. Please try to understand how things work before telling the people who have done this for so long are wrong. :D

ROFL at this thread hahaha.

Alrik Vincent, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  16. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hahahahaha xD
    Hilarious.

I remember seeing a page where someone had reverse engineered the PR system, I can't remember the url though, but the general idea is to provide good content, Get some backlinks and after a few months you should have your PR4(took around 3-4 months, for me to get a PR4 on switchblade.helgesverre.com )

Helge Sverre, Aug 2, 2013 IP