1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Increase Adsense CTR ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Blogspotter, Aug 20, 2007.

1. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm merely stating what I've noticed.

When I don't write a ton of content, I noticed that there's a rise in my CTR.

My theory on this is that people come to the site, they don't see new content, so they get bored and start clicking ads.

add_cents, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean with this words?

wokaka, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  3. diego018

diego018 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if people dont see good content, they are going to click your ads. thats a good info about ctr. i have another 5 ideas on how to optimize your ctr, blue links, etc....

diego018, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I saw a weight loss related site in your signature. Just wanted to know from you, if they still convert.

I had a flash of an idea in the morning in weight loss so I bought a domain to implement that. That was what I meant :)

Blogspotter, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  5. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    oh, the conversion rate is not pretty good but not bad as well.

Meanwhile, I want to ask. You said you got about 1500 visitors per day for each of your website. Does all of them are from search engines or from where? If most of them are from search engines, how can you get listed in the top of the competitive keywords?

wokaka, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  6. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    I got a few popular blogs that I started more than 3 years back. They have some good site and blogroll referrals.

For other, I directly target the keywords. 95% SE :) and some random type ins.. I guess from the browser history perhaps.

If the domain is newly registered, I buy keyword rich domain, otherwise I buy old domains and google bomb them slowly.

And I know how to write contents :)
    And I keep LISTS of old simple websites related to each site in my bookmark and I just ask them for a list in their resource page. I get lucky about 30% times.

Say there are many sites maintained by doctors.. before sending them mails, i target each resource.. ie.. the content I write should appeal to the person I am writing.. and once I get his link I go on to other sites.. lolzzzz

there are some voluntary directories, not like the PHPLD dirs that are found here.... they are good links and good source of links.. It takes time to build traffic.. I just keep building new sites... 2-3 a month.. now I am thinking of starting affiliates...

**PS: I never target competitive keywords.
    Never a keyword where the top rank is wikipedia, or PAGES from a big site. some SERPs are totally dominated by sub-domains of a single big site.. I just stay away.

I try to rank on keywords where the top sites are just another SEOd site. I can beat them Oh so easily.. :)
    Cheers...
    Sh*t I can't keep a Secret...
    I will tell my secrets if I get sucessfull on affiliates.
    Starting with a 1000$ budget... That is why I asked you about the health site.

Blogspotter, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  7. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    are you only counting yourself on natural back link or depend heavily on link exchange? I mean, how can you get a correct anchor text without link exchange?

and if you have so many blogs, how to keep posting on all of your blogs? It will consume your time, right? Or you paid someone to write content on your blog?

Anyway, I have a little question here. once per week, I write my article (about health) and post it in ezinearticles, rewrite once and post it again in articledashboard. Sometimes I feel this is wrong because it's better to post it on my website (or create a blog), do you agree? Anyway you said you want $1000 budget on an affiliate site, do you mean $1000 budget for adwords? or what?

Thanks for answering my previous questions.

wokaka, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  8. Blogspotter

Best Answers:

Link building is a MIXED activity . I do some link exchanges. I buy some links. Sometimes, since I work on uncompetitive niches, a few links do the job.
    I am always helping out others, so I request those I have helped in the past for a link. It really works.

And then Like I said, i send mails to invididual webmasters. There are many people who maintains some websites on my niches. These are no professional webmasters, with revenues in mind. I send them polite mails to include me in the resource page. I never mention an exchange. I only link back if they request for an exchange. I study those sites, write some articles that will appeal to them and then send them the links to the those articles.

Also I submit to good directories, where the category page actually ranks in SERP.

Ah it is a back aching process, but it works.. It is a lot of hardwork you see.

As for blogs, I update all my own blogs. I have some blogs that I started long time back and ignored. But I used to post them often those days. They are also good link resources... for the initial indexing, they work wonders.

There are some people who works for publishing houses and other media house as content writers. I keep them on a retainer for some articles... mostly gadgets and mobile phones. The company pays them a pittance, so they are ever happy to get my work off and on for some side income..

I have never done affiliates, so I am planning to start. 1000 bucks is the adwords budget, yeah.. I will then invest back the income... Learning have always costs money :)

Look, about that article.
    Posting in your blog and submitting in articles are totally different things.
    Posting in your blog will give you fresh content.

Posting in the article will give u a Backlink.

AND.....

I have doing research on affiliates and I saw one thing recently.
    Ranking for keywords on your site is much more difficult than ranking for that keyword in ezinearticles/articledashboard.

eg:
    someone searches for diet pills.
    Your article on ezine will definitely rank better than your post, if you don't have a really strong blog.

People will read your article on ezine...
    what I saw was, somebody left a link which was the landing page of his affiliate product. That was innovative.

Let your article on the ezine article rank for the keyword or strings that you are targetting..

Blogspotter, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  9. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    So you mean we must change the article title to keyword which is not quite competitive then we can get good traffic from search engines?

Anyway, I never see any article from ezine ranked well in competitive keyword. "Diet pills" is a very competitive keyword...Do you believe our article in ezine can ranked better than if we posted it only in our blog?

wokaka, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  10. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    ... I was talking about less competitive keywords. I don't usually try ranking for competitive word. i can put that effort to rank for easier keywords.

What I meant was, if you have a blog which don't rank well, then, it would be easier to let that keyword rank in ezine articles.. check this ezinearticles.com/?Watching-Satellite-TV-on-PC-Is-Easier-Than-You-Think&id=284560
    This site ranks better than the original site for the keyword, that is what I mean
    :)

but it is good if you try to optimize your blog well.. get some free directory submissions also.... they seem to help :)
    But if you can't rank in ur blog, let the ezine article rank well, and link back ur landing page

11. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    OK nice tips. But what is "less competitive keywords"? keywords which contain only 5,000 searchers or less per month?

Anyway usually I submitted my website to free directories on this list: http://webdirectorylist.smashingdir.com
    but start from page 7, it seems all of the free directories is already dead. Do you have any good free directories list?

wokaka, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  12. dpsubi1

dpsubi1 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that will not continue for long. Your visitors will not comeback.:rolleyes:

dpsubi1, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  13. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    I don't want repeat visitors :).. They never seem to click ads.. Just kidding but that is one angle...

@ Wokaka: I sure do have a list.. the one in my directory submitter.. i use a directory submitter . some are dead anyway, and it is not the only startegy... just something that don't seem to have hurt till now. Uncompetitive doesn't mean word with few searches.... :)

Uncompetive as in not very strong competitors in the SERPs :).. easy to beat sites, as I explained earlier.. I don't try to compete with esurance.com or geico.com but I sure love to compete with rare-celebrity-tatoos.com type sites :)

14. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    wow, your tips are really good to apply:D

trichnosis, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  15. Mendes

Mendes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont use ads on homepage, ur ctr will be up :).

Mendes, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  16. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Would you care to explain that.. like why? and how?

Blogspotter, Aug 24, 2007 IP