1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Improve Your Ecommerce Website - Tip

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by coykiesaol, Oct 25, 2010.

1. visuallemon

visuallemon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i thnk some link exchange should help, and fair prices offcourse

visuallemon, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  2. michealheart

michealheart Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer is content.The days of just putting up a website,uploading some pictures and throwing on "buy now" buttons are long gone.Today its all about content.
    For this reason many e-commerce sites are converting their dry picture/buy now sites to an information/pre-selling ecommerce sites.The pictures and buy now buttons are still there but these sites are being fueled with content.
    Google likes content,so why try feeding it something it won't eat

<a href="http://replacementbirthcertificate.org">Replacement Birth Certificate</a>

michealheart, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. Willy921

Willy921 Peon

Best Answers:
    Developing and implementing a content strategy for e-commerce websites is important and I'm in the process of working on that very task for several clients.

Has anyone here done it and measured the results? Everywhere I turn there seems to be only vague generalities; if I hear "content is king" one more time I think I'm going to puke.

Can anyone here speak to what they've seen after adding content to the likes of category and sub-category pages on an e-commerce site?

Willy921, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  4. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Yes customer support is where you'll impress new customers AND keep the existing ones you have. Ensure phone numbers, contact emails, and even live chat is available for your customers.

gotlivechat, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  5. addictionrecovery

addictionrecovery Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok -- this is what I do on my ecommerce website. Before people buy my merchandise, they have to enter their name and email address. This way, I can contact them if they leave their shopping cart while making payment. I find this to be fairly successful to bring them back to their shopping cart. I hope this helps other ecommerce site owners.

addictionrecovery, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  6. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea! Though you have to wonder how many people skip putting anything in their cart (and just leave your site) if they have to give up personal information so quickly?? What's your bounce rate on the page where you're asking for the name/email? Do you get any complaints with that system?

gotlivechat, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  7. roberwilliams01

roberwilliams01 Peon

Best Answers:
    The user interface of your eCommerce website should be customer oriented. You must reduce the bounce back rates by providing relevant search results to your customers. Product listing plays an important role here, if mismanaged, you can display wrong product on particular searches. You should also focus on keyword research & their optimization to get higher ranking on google page ranking.

At last you must have catchy & informative titles & descriptions for each product you have listed. I would recommend to hire an eCommerce virtual assistant to get all these works done with minimum efforts.

roberwilliams01, Sep 5, 2018 IP
  8. Pete B

Pete B Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds good. But have you checked the analytics of your e-shop. What's the bounce rate like?
    IMHO and xp, unless you have loyal customers up-front, your conversion rates should be really poor with this approach.

Pete B, Sep 14, 2018 IP