1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to improve Yahoo rank

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by webwhiz, May 31, 2005.

1. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, so stop spamming your sites in every post...

Infiniterb, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok , you did not find any visible enhances BUT do you know that google made a point to visit the site regularly . When the PR came in existence then there were many errors in the indexing BUT the pages that were linked to sites like Yahoo were indexed easily and hence the pages linked are Expected Not to have any broken links etc . That is why the PR .

free search engine submission india
    search engine optimisation of homepage free .

JEET, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it 4 single Keywords or is it a collection of 4 words making a keyphrase .
    I have seen MSN indexing late , Yahoo and google are much faster . Your position has just brought me back from my sleep . I will now have to study this . Thanks

free search engine submission india
    search engine optimisation of homepage free .

JEET, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    You know at one point just cranking the key word density made a world of differenece in yahoo,

but recently yahoo has been taking a big dump on a lot of my sites. like 7 or 8 of them in last 2 months have gone from top rankings to nowwhere.

ferret77, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  5. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think your KW density is causing it? Maybe Yahoo has changed how high a density they like.

Web Gazelle, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  6. Affiliate-Geek

Affiliate-Geek Active Member

Best Answers:
    First start submitting to the smaller quality directories. Also here is another great place to submit your website. Also, start writing articles and submit them to the free article submit directories. Yes, this last step may take some time but the pay off is great.

Affiliate-Geek, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  7. euwern

euwern Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my observation for the past two months.. it takes about 3 weeks to 1 months to get indexed in yahoo.

How do you know your site is being indexed by Yahoo? --> use site explorer.. type in your site name . if it appears, then viola your site are indexed in yahoo.

NOTE: please do not resubmit your site (free submit your site) continuously, like a few times a day..do it like 2 times in a month.

Resubmiting your site over and over again is considered as spaming and delay indexing.

Hope it helps :)

euwern, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  8. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    My better suggestion is that you work hard towards google, automatically you ll get good position on yahoo too.

joelchrist, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  9. surender19797

surender19797 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to use some SEO tactics.Like inbound links,anchor text etc.

surender19797, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  10. invader_tvr

invader_tvr Member

Best Answers:
    I agree it.. thanks for it

invader_tvr, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  11. sweta

sweta Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my client site have yahoo directory submission and in tool it shows 20 links from yahoo directory.

But I didnt find any good serp result in yahoo. Yahoo paid directory submission is not much advisable. It depends on type/category of website. According to me yahoo directory didnt give boost in ranking.

Verifying website in yahoo is advisable and submiting sitemap.

Since last week as my client website google ranking is rising and yahoo ranking is going down. After reading whole forum here I still not get enough idea to boost ranking in yahoo and maintaining it in google.

Hope someone will give more idea

sweta, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  12. mateen munir

mateen munir Guest

Best Answers:
    •Think carefully of the key terms that your users will search on to find content like yours. Use those terms to guide the text and construction of your page.
    •Users are more likely to click a link if the title matches their search. Choose terms for the title that match the concept of your document.
    •Use a "description" meta-tag and write your description accurately and carefully. After the title, the description is the most important draw for users. Make sure the document title and description attract the interest of the user but also fit the content on your site.
    •Use a "keyword" meta-tag to list key words for the document. Use a distinct list of keywords that relate to the specific page on your site instead of using one broad set of keywords for every page.
    •Keep relevant text and links in HTML. Placing them in graphics or image maps means search engines can't always search for the text, and the crawler can't follow links to your site's other pages. An HTML site map, with a link from your welcome page, can help make sure all your pages are crawled.
    •Use ALT text for graphics. It's good page design to accommodate text browsers or visually impaired visitors, and it helps improve the text content of your page for search purposes.
    •Correspond with webmasters and other content providers and build rich linkages between related pages.

mateen munir, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  13. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting good rank is all search engine is same . Building link and having good and useful content

nirajkum, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  14. mitnitwer

mitnitwer Peon

Best Answers:
    You should bring backlinks just like you do to rank higher in google.

mitnitwer, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  15. airabon

airabon Peon

Best Answers:
    Do more site promoting: backlinking, submitting articles, use of social bookmarking sites, and write more in forums.

airabon, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  16. rahul77700

rahul77700 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat...ranked #1 on msn for 4 good keywords, but nowhere in yahoo. nowhere in google yet, but I expected that

rahul77700, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  17. commoditytipsfree

commoditytipsfree Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have just visited here. Read your thread. it is a too good discussion topic. According to my knowledge get more backlinks with anchor text (a keyword whose ranking to be improve).Use Header tags at proper places,keep sufficient keyword density in the content.

commoditytipsfree, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  18. HiTechPCI

HiTechPCI Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly think Yahoo follows with Google pretty closely, I see good results from both or neither. But how about now they'll be merging with Bing?

It's gonna drastically change the volume of searchers coming from Bing, should be a pretty decent chunk of the market. Will it be similar to Google or quite a bit different to rank for?

Personally, I see quality and relevant content doing well in either engine, so just make sure you are taking the time to put good information, in large amounts, on your authority sites.

HiTechPCI, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  19. Rese

Rese Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines, like Yahoo!, use anchor text to help them figure out what the hyperlinked page is about. So, as you can see, getting anchor text backlinks with relevant phrases in the anchor text is pretty important if you want the search engines to rank you for a particular keyword phrase.

In fact, anchor text is such an important factor in ranking a page that pages can rank for a keyword phrase even when that phrase does not appear in the url on the page!

There are several cases where this has happened, but perhaps the most famous is where the Adobe Reader download page ranked number 1 for the search term ‘click here’ for many years even though those words were nowhere on the page. So many people had linked to that page using the anchor text ‘click here’ that it got to the number 1 spot without any on page SEO for the term.

Search engines place a large importance on external anchor text (links coming in from other sites) and some importance on internal anchor text (links from within your own site) when ranking a page so it stands to reason that you should make getting anchor text backlinks with your target keyword phrases a priority.

One important thing to note is that it is widely thought that if two links on the same page target the same url, that only the first link is counted by Google so you want to be sure that you use your desired anchor text in that first link.

Rese, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  20. JoeTheLinkBuilder

JoeTheLinkBuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Content, content and more content. Write quality stuff daily and you will climb the ranking ladder on Yahoo.

JoeTheLinkBuilder, Oct 19, 2011 IP