1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve ranking on Google for two keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by wizzyweb, Nov 12, 2013.

Hello everybody,

I need help or advice ASAP. I have a non-english website, .net domain, on top 3 on Google. But, after I did a transition to Joomla CMS, I lost position and now I'm on position 14. I have PR-4, many good backlinks, high authority, but I can't outrank my competition. What should I do to beat the competition, some .edu or .gov backlinks, link wheel?

Thank you for your advice.
    rang1.png

wizzyweb, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your new site or something that changed in your site when you moved it, if you dropped right after you moved it.

are your urls the same ? if so the theme or new layout might be poor for seo. I would look at what changed before you start throwing backlinks at it.

When I move sites I make suer the urls, nav links and titles are the same and have never had any rank changes.

averyz, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  3. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, this Joomla theme I used is very bad for SEO. My site was in html format, I am working on new html design for my website, and I will keep all titles, descriptions and links. But, what should I do after? And, one more thing - is it weird that i can't rank any of my subpages? For example, I ranked my index page, mydomain dot net, but how to rank mydomain dot net slash page-name.html?

4. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will not be easy.
    You should start to build the page map - and publish it. After that - check all your actual backlinks if they're functional - you should use AHREF or SEOCombine (that I'm using with success) to verify them.
    After that you should build up a strong backlink portfolio, as well check your competition - if they have 10k backlinks - then you should go for more - I'm sorry but this is the only way to get your place back. And you have to keep the good work until you outrank them.

RosuC, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you can see from the image above, 5 of my competitors have backlinks from 280.000 to 900.000 backlinks. That is tough to beat. But number one has only backlinks from his own similar websites, and not a single backlink from forums, directories, nor even .edu or .gov links. Number 13 and number 8 are facebook pages. I wanted to create some web 2.0 blogs, social bookmarking, and to some link wheel and link pyramid, but is this useful for non-english websites?

6. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    Please check your URL again, who knows there is a change in the structure of the link.

Owl Writer, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  7. sumitsssrt

sumitsssrt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can surely compete with them but the thing is that you should not work profit in your initial stage. Work for your readers and give them as best as you can and you will be beating them All The Best

sumitsssrt, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  8. vin_pan

vin_pan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi , I am new to seo working from home for my website.I want to know after latest seo updates, is link exchange activity is safer? if Yes how to do it.?

vin_pan, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  9. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link exchange has no value anymore. You have to do it 3-way style. If website A is linking to website B, website B to website C, and website C to website A.

wizzyweb, Nov 14, 2013 IP