1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Improve Pagerank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by johntid, Mar 24, 2011.

I'm not sure if I placed this in the correct section, if I haven't I apologize.

I have a website that currently has a Google PR4, Alexa 239,000 and a MozRank 3.15.

What are some things I can do to improve these rankings

I currently do or have:
    backlinks
    links on site to higher ranked sites within my niche
    have a blog
    it's wordpress based
    i used social media to drive traffic to it
    I use social bookmarking
    i ping my site everyday.

Thanks for sugestions in advanced

johntid, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  2. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your best shot would be to keep on building solid and relevant inbound links. Try getting links from high ranked websites pointing back to you. Remember that every inbound link is like a vote in your favor. Make sure to have keyword relevant anchor texts.

I would recommend bringing frequent updates to your blog such as releasing good articles every 2 - 3 days. This will keep readers coming back to your blog for useful information. Don't write about things that could be easily found on the web. Write stuff that people want to hear, something different that they haven't yet heard of or are aware about.

Submitting your website to relevant web directories may increase your website's PR because it will give it more visibility. Submit your website to relevant categories and be sure that it is a human edited directory. A good web directory would be Business.com or StumbleUpon.com

The same goes for social bookmarking. If you use twitter, tweet about a new article that you recently posted in your blog and so on. Announce it on your Facebook page and share it on your wall so all your friends could see that you brought an update to your blog.

metaseo, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. jackson.son9

jackson.son9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    If you improve your Page Rank than, you can generate high pr backlinks. Because backlinks is most important for PR.

jackson.son9, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  4. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Also it is considerable to make sure that you include at least one link to Google. They need quality traffic as well. Don't be greedy and hog it all to yourself. This can do wonders for your pages. Remember - Google may be going public soon - so the more traffic you send them the better.

derrickschwan, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  5. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    You must take pr5+ back links more then 20, then you will see your ranking will increase.

Irfi0009, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  6. Emly Decia

Emly Decia Peon

Best Answers:
    Original and best content really help in increase your page rank and do daily updation on your website so that it crawls daily it is also help in increasing your PR.

Emly Decia, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  7. Mariaseo

Mariaseo Member

Best Answers:
    build some backlinks from high Page Rank sites

Mariaseo, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  8. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    Continue what you are doing. Just always focus on getting dofollow backlinks from relevant sites to improve your rankings and page rank too.

seodash, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  9. Mariaseo

Mariaseo Member

Best Answers:
    what ever you do it must be dofollow so that it will give some worth

Mariaseo, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  10. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are going in a right way, keep on building your backlinks from high PR sites will certainly improve your PR. But basically improving PR from 4 0r 5 would be very hard.

Tessa_86, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  11. loveson1

loveson1 Member

Best Answers:
    1- Increase your Do-Follow Link because IT has important in the eyes of Google...
    2- Article Submission
    3- Viral Video Marketing

loveson1, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  12. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    directory submissions can also increase the PR easily.

rain21, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  13. seo.vijay

seo.vijay Member

Best Answers:
    i think directory n regular update of blog post will help u..

seo.vijay, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  14. vinod007

vinod007 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi

Try Article submission in quality articles sites for increase page rank and get good back links.

thanks

vinod007, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  15. essrt123

essrt123 Peon

Best Answers:
    By collecting backlinks and do link building in high PR andd use do follow sites for blog commenting and forum posting.

essrt123, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  16. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Give away content – Submit to article directories and put links back to your site within your resource box. Make that article available for syndication so other websites will publish the article. By doing that, they’ll link back to your site from their site and this is read by Google as a popularity vote for your site. More votes = better rankings.

stevenyoung, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  17. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a good ranking for your site, then you need to have a proper plan for the SEO of your site and implement it accordingly. However if you just wanna increase your pagerank, then I would advice you to go out there and buy 10-15 PR8 homepage links for your site. Your site will get atleast a PR7 for sure in the next google PR update. The important thing is before the update all these backlinks which you purchase, should get indexed by google ;)

China_girl, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  18. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with china girl . You need a bunch of thematic high authority backlinks . When I say thematic I mean a backlink to your ferrari related website will do no good if it comes from a fishing related site . Select the sites wisely and most important , dont fall for the online scams that claim to give "hundreds/ thousands of backlinks" those are all low quality links that dont help . I would advice you to find high PR sites in your domain and submit guest posts to that sites and most sites allow a backlink in the author biline and that is how you get a good backlink without paying hefty sums of cash . Though my other SEO counterparts will want to kill me for revealing that ;) best of luck

techlunatic, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  19. mst124

mst124 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for high ranking for your site, then you need to basic plan of SEO, SEO is for website promotion, for good ranking do normally social bookmaking, directory submission, social networking for your site.

mst124, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  20. Emly Decia

Emly Decia Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have to create quality backlinks and update your websites content daily so that the crawler always find fresh content on your website, this really helps in increasing your websites page rank.

Emly Decia, Mar 25, 2011 IP