1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve my bounce rate?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bizbuysell2, Aug 26, 2008.

Hi guys :p

Our bounce rate on Analytics is currently 48% - I have an equal amount of organic and PPC traffic so need to improve this vastly.

Any tips on how to do this? The link to my website (also where my Adwords direct to) is:

http://tinyurl.com/58lrtk

I was thinking of maybe bringing forward the Contact Us form to the homepage to encourage opt-ins.

bizbuysell2, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. pinkblush

pinkblush Peon

Best Answers:
    According from Google Analytics blog, if your Bounce Rates are low, your troubles are likely due to site design and usability issues. In this case, you might focus your efforts on streamlining your conversion funnel or making your site easier to navigate. But if your Bounce Rates are high, you can focus your efforts on redesigning entrance (landing pages), improving the quality of traffic to your site, and doing a better job of pairing landing pages with ads.

In Google Adwords, a high bounce rate is most likely due to an incorrect implementation of the tracking code. People may also leave your site from your entrance page because of site design and usability issues. To resolve it, focus your efforts on redesigning entrance (or landing) pages or optimizing your landing pages with any ads they may correspond to.

pinkblush, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. Tripta_Kneoteric

Tripta_Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    A high bounce rate can be triggered by many reasons and it is very predict without actually having done any analysis. The best way to figure out would be to do a conversion funnel analysis. Check the entry and exist pages and establish which page (s) have the maximum exists. Try optimizing the page and once the exists are reduced, repeat the entire process once again.

Tripta_Kneoteric, Aug 26, 2008 IP