1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve my blog's load time?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Vineet Gupta, Jul 1, 2015.

When I see in Google Page Speed Insight it says website load time is high.
    It asks to do
    1) Leverage Browser Catching, and some other
    2) Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    3) Reduce server response time
    4) Minify JavaScript

Although google suggests how to fix the above, but I am unable to understand. My blog is - www.vineetgupta.net

Speed test Results:
    On Mobile 58 / 100
    On Desktop 70 / 100

Please help me to improve the above.

Vineet Gupta, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You want to know what's killing your time?

37 Scripts      2093 KB 2541 KB
    12 Style Sheets 1528 KB 1528 KB

Code (markup):
    FOUR MegaBytes of style sheets and scripts in 49 files? FORTY-FOUR images? I'll ignore the so-called "social media" excess of files. Just because you can add every script and theme/plugin that's out there doesn't mean you shouldn't exhibit some good taste and discrimination.

You need to seriously refactor the page, and likely the site's structure to relieve your visitors of sensory overload and both you and your visitors of excess bandwidth requirements. Figure out two plugins, or at most three you just have to have on that page and jettison the rest.

gary

kk5st, Jul 1, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  3. Jufcy8200

Jufcy8200 Banned

Best Answers:
    You can reduce the page load by means of
    Putting the Java Scripts on the Footer
    Reduce the size of the Image
    Organize the code
    Lessen your content

Jufcy8200, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @kk5st was being polite about it -- and the problems run right to the core. All that goofy scripttardery is just BEGGING for the page to be a slow loading unusable mess, and the only way one could come up with that much CSS is developer ineptitude of the highest magnitude since overall you're wasting multiple megabytes on delivering 5k of plaintext and 16 content images that altogether as a page shouldn't be wasting more than a quarter of a megabyte in half the file count.

But that's VERY much what happens when you take some crappy off the shelf CMS like turdpress, mate it to a crappy off the shelf template, and then start blindly throwing plugins/mods/extensions/whateverThey'reCallingThemThisWeek at it.There's a reason that off the shelf solutions are cute as a toy to make a blog for grandma, but not a serious tool for a real business.

Even the markup is a train wreck of ineptitude (of course it appears to be turdpress or something similar, so that kind of goes without saying). -- the typical disaster of endless pointless DIV for NOTHING, endless pointless classes for NOTHING, static scripting and style in the markup, absolute URI's for the sole purpose of wasting bandwidth, little if anything remotely resembling semantics (A sick euphemism for "using HTML properly)... I mean it's 5k of plaintext and 16 content images, there's no reason for that to be breaking 16k MAX. (realistically I'd aim for 12k) -- you've got 49k delivering that so again possibly as much as four times the code that should be used, and that's JUST the HTML. The ridiculous number of stylesheets and even more ridiculous total size of that style is just... mind-numbingly bad... and that's BEFORE the endless pointless scripttard asshattery!

Oh and @Jufcy8200, "lessening the content" is NEVER the answer; particularly when it's 5k of plaintext and a handful of tiny (or what should be tiny) images.

deathshadow, Jul 2, 2015 IP