1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Improve English Writing Skills and Accent?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bushib, Dec 29, 2008.

1. shampabasu

shampabasu Member

Best Answers:
    To be able to write well it is important that you read up a LOT. Also, do a lot of research on how to write for the web. You will get a lot of help online.

shampabasu, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  2. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are some different aspects. Content writing uses a different style, blogs use yet another style, press releases have a different format and writing text matter for websites is in yet another format. All these can be gained with a few months of experience. As far as accent is concerned, you have to speak with a native of that country and it will take years to gain.

parsibagan, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  3. mytor

mytor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have few friends who have been living and working in US for some years and locals are telling them that they can hear no accent any more. It seems that if you communicate actively every day only in foreign language your accent will eventually fade. And yes they are thinking in English too most of the time.

mytor, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  4. stodom888

stodom888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! Reading, watching English or American shows, conversing with other English speakers will help you a lot. Also read on the different grammar modules. Most of the time people commit errors on the following:

Article usage (a, an, the)
    Prepositions (in, on, at, etc.)
    Sentence consistency
    Verb tense
    Voice (always use the active voice)

stodom888, May 21, 2009 IP
  5. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try American movies with English subtitles. Fun and useful at the same time. If your vocabulary is a tad rusty, a dictionary nearby would also be helpful.

Sad fact: Pr0n movies don't have subtitles.

Regards, George

geegel, May 21, 2009 IP
  6. blackhunter250

blackhunter250 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    search the English grammer E-book in the google.

blackhunter250, May 22, 2009 IP
  7. Alzudon

Alzudon Peon

Best Answers:
    If we use our english frequently it might help us to advancing our english skills. Like I did, I know and I don't care about my grammar as long as the reader understand of what i meant.

Sorry about my very bad...bad english

Alzudon, May 23, 2009 IP
  8. ashleyuk

ashleyuk Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you can take the TOEFL tests to improve your english and accent I tried it :)

ashleyuk, May 25, 2009 IP
  9. jasonxav

jasonxav Peon

Best Answers:
    For writing, you have to read a lot and practice writing essays on a regular basis. You may start with a journal and write anything that comes to mind to get you started. Proficiency takes practice and a lot of time before you get to the level of being a good writer.

As for the accent, a coach would be the best option to guide you through this.

jasonxav, May 25, 2009 IP
  10. jasonxav

jasonxav Peon

Best Answers:
    TOEFL rates how well your English skills are. It doesn't improve your English at all. It's just a test.

jasonxav, May 25, 2009 IP
  11. boobi

boobi Peon

Best Answers:
    boobi, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  12. TonyDeV

TonyDeV Peon

Best Answers:
    For the accent, watch english speaking tv repeating the words. After a while grab Skype and make some english speaking friends and don't be afraid of saying things in a funny way.

TonyDeV, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  13. Dollar hunter

Dollar hunter Member

Best Answers:
    Read and read so much,actually mine english is also not so perfect.i m also still reading a lot.

Dollar hunter, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  14. laurencewins

laurencewins Peon

Best Answers:
    There have been some good suggestions in here.
    I have managed a number of call centres here in Australia.
    My staff consisted mainly of international students and I must say that their English improved over time as they spoke more and more with Australian people.

I compared it to when I had to monitor Indian staff in India ringing Australian homes.

The average Australian call lasted 90 seconds and the same call by an Indian person in India lasted 9-12 minutes as they had absolutely no comprehension at all.
    So that may be a way for you to immerse yourself completely in an extremely fast paced learning environment.

I also laugh at the theatre comment and agree, as I have spent the best part of 35 years involved in theatre myself, playing everything from an afghan camel boy to a chinese detective.... all with great accents which required a lot of work.

laurencewins, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  15. purposeinc

purposeinc Peon

Best Answers:
    The best book ever written on studying is called Learning how to Learn. Find a copy, you will dig it.

purposeinc, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  16. lavina dias

lavina dias Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exploring Internet will give you better as how to enhance your skill on this area, so try exploring Google today ;)

lavina dias, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  17. writerinn

writerinn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best way is writing is the best way to improve your writing skills...There can be no better alternative...

Get in touch with a quality writer, and have him edit an article or two of yours every now and then.

Reading also helps, but you're naturally reading as you research different resources to create your copies from.

writerinn, Oct 11, 2009 IP