1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Improve AdSense Ads Click Rate

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by maverick, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dude17

dude17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Maverick,

How do u increase the click rate on blogs..if u dont mind sharing..

I hardly get 1-2 clicks/day on the paris hilton blog in my sig...well..the impressions are not that great either..!hmm.. :confused:

BTW..you got a nice pic of sanjay dutt there... :p

dude17, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    What is up today my cmp is double...impressions the same...ctr up .2%...set e record yesterday (Sunday is always my worst day).

Today is looking unbeleiveable. My serps have dropped everywhere :confused: . I think it is an influx of high AW bids :confused:

Homer, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  3. dirvish

dirvish Peon

Best Answers:
    I did something similar with one of my sites (wordpress instead of Blogger), except spaced out through the blog (with decent CTR). I may switch to how you did it with the ads below each of the top three articles...that is where people are more likely to look anyways.

My highest CTR site is this one, but I don't know why. I have similar ad placement on other sites that get about half the CTR. The only thing I can think of is the audience is more prone to click on ads for that site...any other ideas??

dirvish, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  4. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out my blog

http://seotalks.blogspot.com/

If you see the adsense ads placement, you will come to know how my impressions & eventually clicks are increased... and for unique traffic... I increased the unique traffic to my blogs using this blog explosion... if you dont mind, you can register to this service using my referrence.

This will not help you to get clicks, but this will surely help you to get more visitors, and your good ad placement will lead to more clicks... and so good clickrate... Let me know if you need anymore information..

maverick, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  5. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    You need targeted ads. Thats the most important factor. I get only 200-400 impressions a day on my sites, yet have a very good ctr of between 3-7% because the ads are very well targeted and relevant.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  6. dude17

dude17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Maverick for the reply. I have also been using blogexplosion since a few weeks and most of the traffic comes from there. You know what... my clicks grew from 1 to 2 clicks/day since the last 2 days ..hahaa...wow..what an increase :)
    I sure will let u know if I need any other information. Thanks again!

Johnsonsmith: My ads are targetted I guess. I have no say on what ads to place...the ads come up according to the text on my blog. I hope I get more clicks before I give up :(

dude17, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  7. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Don't quit just keeps the code up. Try removing the borders so your ads blend with your site. I read that works wonders. As for the text affecting your ads, there isn't too much you can do about that.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  8. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    When I saw your ad placement dude, I could see the adsense ads right at the bottom. Now tell me, how many users visiting your website, would read everything at the top and reach down there... then probability of clicks decreases by tons... more visibility to adsense ads work great! And your click increase is 200% dude... :-D

maverick, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  9. dude17

dude17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Maverick...
    I am not sure why you are seeing the ads at the bottom. My ads are right there at the top of the page in the paris hilton's blog. See the attached image.

Well for some reason they are irrelevant ads being shown since the past few days.. or no ads shown..hmm..!

Attached Files:

dude17, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  10. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I m not sure how and when I saw these ads right at the bottom.. did you have those ads at the bottom ever.. or am I mistaking your blog with someone else's :rolleyes:

maverick, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  11. dude17

dude17 Guest

Best Answers:
    hehee...nope, I never had them at the bottom. :)

dude17, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  12. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Your placements are good.. I have the same ones on my blogs if you checked out those.

maverick, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  13. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Yea, out ads at the top of the page on the lefthand side and righthand side. Those are the two best places for ads. There is a study that shows this.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  14. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Dio, I like your cheesy-movie site. The adsense links at the top look like part of the navigation scheme. You have inspired me to change my layout.

jlerner, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  15. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems that over time, the ad relevence increases. I started out with 900 page views a day and a click through rate of only 0.4. The CTR has slowly increase to 2.7. Now I just need more traffic :)

www.20roundmag.com

jlerner, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  16. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't we all :)

Infiniterb, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  17. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    We need more traffic and more clicks too :)

maverick, Apr 9, 2005 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    jlerner is absolutely right. I've seen loads of people complaining "oh, I have moved my adsense ads all over the place, I have changed the colors 18 times, and I keep getting 8 clicks a day".

When you ask them how much traffic they get they answer "oh, like 200 visitors a day" :D

fryman, Apr 9, 2005 IP
  19. Bas

Bas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

I get the highest CTRs on superficial entry pages.

If you combine superficial articles with Adsense (like $5 articles) that will give you nice CTR as people mostly don't find the real info they want, so the ads are a good alternative and, mostly, a fast return on investement, as they are relatively cheap.

You can also increase CTR by getting more relevant ads by tweaking the pages a bit (same like SEO). Most of the time a low CTR is because the ads offer not enough relevancy.

Last but not least: high CTR by placing the ad within the article (after first
    paragraph) next to a photo (image).

And then, it is all about tracking and testing ;-)

Cheers
    Bas

Bas, Apr 9, 2005 IP
  20. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Good ideas Bas. Revelancy is very important. People who are reading about hosting plans should see adsense ads relating to hosting. But I have seen too many webpages where he ads aren't targeted. For example, I have once seen mesothelioma ads on a dating siate. :confused: :confused:

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 9, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.