1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Import Open Source Into Eclipse!?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Matei Gavriluta, Jun 13, 2014.

Hello Guys,

I am facing some beginner problems that I want to pass with the help of some pro. I just download Eclipse and had all updated according to this page developer.android.com/sdk/installing/installing-adt.html
    But when it about importing a the "open source" (after i bought one to test) I am confused.
    What part do I have to add on import?

Looking forward for some help.
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. Dark Soul

Dark Soul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are several ways to add files to an existing Java project in Eclipse. So lets assume you have already created the Java project in Eclipse (e.g. using File -> New -> Project... - and select Java project).

To get Java files into the new project you can do any of the following. Note that there are other ways as well. The sequence is my preference.
    1. Drag the files into the Navigator view directly from the native file manager. You must create any needed Java packages first. This method is best for a few files in an existing Java package.
    2. Use File -> Import... - select File System. Here you can then select exactly which files to import into the new project and in which Java package to put them. This is extremely handy if you want to import many files or there are multiple Java packages.
    3. Copy the fires directly to the folder/directory in the workspace and then use File -> Refresh to refresh the Eclipse view of the native system. Remember to select the new project before the refresh.
    The last one is what you did - minus the refresh...

Dark Soul, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  3. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bought a source just to test !
    I never created one. And when I go and browse each file it doesnt import into eclipse.. :(

4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I want to do: open a new project (just did) - import source - change image is a walk in the park for someone skilled. I just want to test. That's why I want some guide steps.