1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Identify The Compelling Need Of My Reader?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Svetla Vasileva, Jun 14, 2017.

I am in the process of revising my book and I started reading a little about marketing. I got this wonderful e-mail by Jeff Bullas, who explained to me the basics of selling:
    It is not trying to convince someone to buy something they do not want. Selling, true selling is about giving the people what they want. It’s about making their lives better, making them happier. In short, it is about finding a connection and building trust.

In order to find out how my book can serve people, I first need to be able to research and define the compelling needs of my readers.

Here's where I am stuck. Anyone with an idea?

Svetla Vasileva, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  2. BryanBB

BryanBB Peon

Best Answers:
    You and I have the same problem. I have been building my web site and business for the last 5 years. I create content for web site owners. I thought I had a great idea, I thought I had a sure fire way to make money.
    What I did not do, have not been able to do, is to match my great product, with a potential market. What i failed to do is the same thing you did not do, have not done yet, is to define the compelling needs of my potential clients.

Peter Drucker said it best, " The purpose of a business is to create a customer " Have you created a customer ? Have you a created a book, no one wants to read ?

Do you have a solution, have created a book, that states a problem, that people do not need being solved? Join the club in answering these questions.

Define the compelling needs of my customers ? When you wrote the book, didn't you know this before you started? You seem to be a bit backwards, you have written a book, without knowing who would read it and who would benefit from it? Without knowing what your book is about, I am flying a bit blind here. Are you simply having a problem marketing your book, ie, finding ways to get your book out to the public, or is there a problem with the book itself ?

I think you may have a book, that does have an audience and you just need to get to that specific audience . Not sure you need to do research to find the compelling needs of your readers, just need to find the readers that your book resonates with. As I said at the beginning, I have the same problem as you seem to have, I have a product that people need, I THINK, just need to match my product with those people.

One last thought, you may have written a book that does not solve a problem addresses a problem, that people do not need. A scary thought, one that I think about daily.

Hope fully a kernel of advice that may help you. Best of luck !!

BryanBB, Jun 18, 2017 IP