1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to identify bot traffic? Tracking tools recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by chriswong065, May 20, 2018.

Hi everyone! I'm quite new to affiliate marketing and just started to buy traffic from a few platforms (e.g. propeller, traffichunt, etc.)

I am using OpenTracker and able to see strange traffic coming to my offer page. Those traffic are mainly coming from an ISP I never heard of, and the IP only differs by the last 3 digits (e.g. 123.456.789.111 & 123.456.789.222). How to further investigate on those traffic and confirm they are bot or not?

I see some other posts, people are using Voluum and check the user agent of the traffic. But Voluum is quite expensive...is there any analytic tools which are good for identifying bot traffic?

Thanks all :)

chriswong065, May 20, 2018 IP
  2. kanhaiya91

kanhaiya91 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A free way to identify whether the traffic is bot or not is to look into your Google Analytics.

Segment the traffic by source/medium, and check the bounce rate and average time spent on landing page. There will be a couple of source/medium where the bounce rate will be very high as compared to your average, and the average time spent on site will be very low.

kanhaiya91, May 22, 2018 IP
  3. GearZero

GearZero Active Member

Best Answers:
    checking the User Agent of the traffic doesn't make any sense, people can manipulate their browser's UA very easy.

GearZero, May 26, 2018 IP
  4. peter1000

peter1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    As kanhaiya91 mentioned Google analytic is the best way to monitor the traffic, you can check traffic sources and if it shows under one domain then filter it by country and you can see bounce rate and duration for each country, you can use this info to block any source or any suspicious country.

peter1000, Jun 24, 2018 IP