1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to host a asp.net site using my computer

Discussion in 'C#' started by bsy, Nov 2, 2010.

how to host a asp.net site using my computer using visual studio 2010 (asp.net [vb])
    i have no idea hot to setup and run it ~ have try b4 ~ but only my local pc can watch my site , other outsite pc is unable to browser ~

bsy, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  2. bencummins

bencummins Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to install IIS, or install some port redirect software which listens on the network ip and redirects to the localhost ip

bencummins, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  3. nikes

nikes Peon

Best Answers:
    You must install IIS and give your ip address in other systems. It will work.

nikes, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  4. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    You host a site the same as any other, by having a server running the appropriate webserver (in this case IIS) and firewall ports open to allow http requests. 99.99% of people achieve this by buying a hosting package

AstarothSolutions, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  5. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree, for the cost that it would take you to run/maintain your own server then it would be much easier/cheaper/more efficient to just buy hosting...
    Brinkster is the host that I use for all my .net hosting and they are reasonably cheap. reliable and have reasonably good customer service. They are my trusted and preferred host for asp.net, I have had a few terrible hosts for asp.net (mainly 'MochaHost' and 'EasyCGI').

camjohnson95, Nov 6, 2010 IP