1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to hide affiliate ID (hop name) for ClickBank !?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by shmekerosu, Oct 27, 2006.

1. DMBirchall

DMBirchall Peon

Best Answers:
    I used the source code of a guy that had a redirect script. He was using a blank page in his domain name as a redirect. Then I just use a simple mail merge in word to find & replace with all your affiliate links & upload your page.

This might not be the best or fastest way but it has worked for me. I hope this made sense - You can go to one of my page to see what I mean at http://www.productsinreview.com/DayJobKiller.html and copy the source to make your own pages. I meta tag all my pages but I'm not sure it is necessary or even relevant. Others might have a better understanding of that than I. Again I'm a little technically challenged.

DMBirchall, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. maliboo

maliboo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's right...

maliboo, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  3. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my web hosting service has a redirect manager and can create redirects for me automatically so that's what I use to cloak my affiliate links...

ez-online-money.com, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  4. GFX^^

GFX^^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about using frames? I think that would be a good option too

GFX^^, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  5. tbs123

tbs123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I have the same question... would frames work well?

tbs123, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  6. pyro22

pyro22 Peon

Best Answers:

Are the free one's better than the paid ones by much?

pyro22, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  7. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use PHP Redirect....

Minterest, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  8. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it happened to me also... MSN and Google indexed some of my PHP Redirect URLs but not all... and when I checked Google webmaster tools it listed some PHP Redirect URLs and says that they are blocked by my robots.txt file.. but I didnt blocked those files or folder... And i am looking for a solution for that now.... I contacted the hosting support and then i deleted the .htaaces file for that folder... let me see if goog can index all those files now......

Minterest, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  9. zaifulzin

zaifulzin Peon

Best Answers:
    When clickbank payment processor appear all will know no matter how good your cloak your id

zaifulzin, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  10. zaifulzin

zaifulzin Peon

Best Answers:
    to hidden your affiliate link from newbie, but for pro i beg all already know...no matter you cloak or not if your gift if valuable you will get a sale...current strategy many gurus out there using free gift system to promote an affiliate product of coz as a beginner we will loose...

zaifulzin, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  11. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    check my CovertLinks review.

Hands down best cloaker out there. Believe me, i tested a lot. There is so much to take into consideration.

GeorgR., Oct 30, 2007 IP
  12. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends what you want...if a plain header redirect is fine for you..then just make a simple PHP file. But if you need more see my above post. There are so many commercial ones around...but they use techniques which can cause you to lose commission. I really, really would say that the $29,90 CovertLinks costs are money WELL spent. I am also working with the programmer to get rid of some MINOR bugs. The dude really knows what he is talking about since i saw his threads over at W-forum...thats why i bought this ! Hands down the best !

GeorgR., Oct 30, 2007 IP
  13. d1srupt3r

d1srupt3r Peon

Best Answers:
    This was my problem too. I hope there is a site like tinyurl.com but can customize generated URL so that won't be too obvious. Anyone knows a site that offers that feature?

d1srupt3r, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  14. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    use the link cloaker in my sig. It works well. You can make your own directory and name of the link. unlike tinyurl where you only get code numbers. And the best thing is it is free

fouzie, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  15. d1srupt3r

d1srupt3r Peon

Best Answers:
    I also found this website, zoom.us.to.
    It creates a custom zoom.us.to/whatyouwant URL so it wouldn't be that obvious that it is not an affiliation link. :) Try it for your self too.

d1srupt3r, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  16. profezor

profezor Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using php redirect, but how do I hide/cloak the URL in the affiliate's display window?

profezor, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  17. cyber49

cyber49 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a million ways to cloak links so the visitor can't tell it's an affiliate link, but in the end, when the buyer ends up on the product owners website, your affiliate ID shows right in the address bar.

What's shown in the address bar of a merchants site cannot be altered or controlled by the affiliate *unless* they're showing it a frame or Iframe, or somehow displaying the content on a landing page in a domain they have access to. That's what I believe, but have always wished it were otherwise.

Now, if someone tells me I'm wrong, then PLEASE straighten me out - I'm ALL EARS and you;ll have my eternal gratitude!!! -

To me, that's always been the downfall of promoting ANY Clickbank product where the site owner doesn't do a redirect on their end - which is probably 98% of them...

signed,
    Really Hoping I'm Wrong ;)

cyber49, Sep 3, 2009 IP