1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to handle the specific problem with customer?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Ida_MOC, Nov 8, 2021.

Hi

I am working for a brand that is selling their products on Europe via Amazon (FBM). I am responsible for handling the account. We had some problem with the customer. He ordered the product, did not read the description and tittle of the product — he thought that he was buying something else. He informed us about it too late, we already shipped it. We told him that according to our terms and conditions and return policy, he is welcome to return the product but he will need to cover the return costs.
    He said that he is unable to pay for it and is still messaging us. We told him numerous times that we are sorry but he will have to cover the cost. But telling him this all the time seems pointless.
    How you guys would handle this customer?
    I am searching for advice. For the information — no, covering the return cost is not an option. It's not up to me to decide.

Ida_MOC, Nov 8, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing you can do as long as your site has clear info about returning items.

He either has to keep it or return it. If he paid via credit card or PP, he could file a complaint, but as long as your terms are clear it is not likely that will go very far. Other than that all he can do is bad mouth you. Every business gets negative feedback once in a while, so you will need to expect that and react accordingly.

mmerlinn, Nov 12, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect that when he does badmouth you those around him will roll their eyes and think "here we go again"

In business, and especially in retail, you will lose stock through theft, negligence, shipping errors etc. Write this off as an inevitable loss.

Two examples:
    1. Kiddo was working for an electronics shop that sold everything from itsy bitsy components up to cctv systems, drones, etc. People would buy things and return them as "broken" when there would be nothing wrong with them. If the dollar value was low they were binned or staff could take them home. More often than not the only problem was with the human interface but the retailer was losing the sale but still had to pay for the item.

2. A reliable courier company in NZ has been bought by Aramex and they're now appalling. I have my own tale of woe but this one is relevant... A friend bought a high ticket item from a small craftsman which Aramex failed to deliver. After both buyer and seller chasing Aramex the seller gave up and personally delivered a replacement - time and money he probably couldn't afford as we go into day 80ish of our latest lockdown.
    You need to do all you can to mitigate these losses but some will be inevitable. Build losses into your budget and forecasting.

sarahk, Nov 12, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Homework? Sounds weird that they decided to ask the question on DP. Good answers though.

PS I recently bought a guitar online. The company offered free shipping. When it arrived I realized it was a bad one. I told them I want to return it, they said fine, but they charged me a $15 restocking fee (which was in their policy). I thought "clever bastards!". They got their item back AND free money. Needless to say I will never buy anything from them again.

qwikad.com, Nov 13, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.