1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to go green in the office?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JerryYip88, Nov 17, 2016.

We are going to create a eco-friendly office green workplace in our company. Can anyone gives me some suggestions?

JerryYip88, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  2. Rosa_Chou

Rosa_Chou Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some services that for business to go green.

Rosa_Chou, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  3. AppleApple111

AppleApple111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can hire the other to help. For example, Fuji Xerox: https://www.fujixerox.com.hk/en_us/services/sustainability-management-services

AppleApple111, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  4. cocotsang2345

cocotsang2345 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fuji Xerox +1, my office are using their management services, it is reliable.

cocotsang2345, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  5. Bony1454

Bony1454 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have read many nice reviews of Fuji Xerox, they seems to be trustworthy.

Bony1454, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  6. PGH

PGH Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you looking for specifically?
    Trying to reduce waste?
    Minimize utility bills?

Unfortunately, this could range from implementing self-sustaining plants/gardens to investing/switching to renewable resources.

PGH, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  7. PayClick

PayClick Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, introduce a system where everyone must economize on electricity (turning off lights, electronic devices not currently in use (printer, coffee machine, chargers etc)). Then implement a system of sorting garbage into categories (well, a lot of offices use that right now). Grow some plants to make your office look and feel nice. Use only recycable materials (plastic bags, water bottles). Make sure your windows can be opened to bring in some fresh air once in a while. These are the major steps every company has the ability to make.

PayClick, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I hope it's a serious question, because I'd suggest turning off the lights, water, locking the door up and leaving your office for good. And then walking home, abandoning your cars right there by the office building. That way you'd make the greatest green impact on our planet. As long as your office stays open, it can and will hurt our beautiful Earth.

qwikad.com, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com I suspect any steps towards greening an office in Hong Kong helps - every bit helps and all that. I suspect this thread has more to do with this than anything else though

I'm astounded that Fuji Xerox's reputation is so bad that they need to employ shills to talk them up. They used to be a quality brand, obviously not anymore.

sarahk, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @sarahk how did the 1st, 2d and 3d members know what the OP was talking about since the profiles do not have country flags? Is it one of those silly "wink-wink you help me I'll help you" type of thing? They seem to know what or who can help in the OP's case. STRANGE...

It's an international forum, I wish folks would be a bit more deliberate in their questions (As to what exactly they are talking about. How many do you think here know what's happening in Hong Kong when it comes to their green policies? Virtually nobody. Unless it's a "wink-wink you help me I'll help you" thing.).

qwikad.com, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  11. Duan Smith

Duan Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bring your eco-values to work every morning with our top five tips. Get your coworkers involved and see how much of a difference you can make.

1. Commute smarter
    2. Save energy
    3. Live healthier
    4. Waste less
    5. Conserve water

Duan Smith, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  12. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    A bucket of Green paint. To be serious there are tons of things you can do but it all depends on what you do and what is the situation of your office, I say this because of the experience we had in our office greening process. Change the papers you use and put a counter for every staff, it reduces waste. Manage the power shut down (lights and stuff not back ups and servers) and isolate windows and doors to control heat issues. Fix temperatures at certain times of the year in the office and educate staff on water and energy usage. Best would be to get a company to help you out though, nothing we say here could be beneficial 100%.
    Good luck

Mehdi.b, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  13. alexanderpaul

alexanderpaul Member

Best Answers:
    • Rain harvest system (collect rain for watering, washing and drinking water)
    • Part of ceiling panes with adjustable-transparent glass (to allow light into building, thus saving electricity for lights)
    • Blade-less fans (for cooling and air circulation) but friendly looking (this can be more cost savings than using air-conditioner, or cut down air-conditioner)
    • Ventilating fans (to keep air flowing)
    • More green outside (plants gives cool looks to the environment as well as blocking direct sun light from the sides)
    • Discourage or stop printing onto hard paper copies. Set up a policy on that.

alexanderpaul, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ...says the new member with "Matchoffice" as his username...I smell spam incoming

malky66, Jun 16, 2020 IP