1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get views to my youtube-film.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ThomasToivonen, Sep 16, 2013.

Hi. My name is Thomas Toivonen and I'm an independent filmmaker. I wanted to ask if you have any suggestion on how to get a lot of views to my latest film Truká - In the name of the Enchanteds

I'm not out to make money on the film and beside the altruistic reason (to make people aware of situation of the Truká people in Brazil and their struggle against a project to divert the São Francisco river) my aim is to use this film to raise money for further film-projects.

Any suggestion (beside the usual facebook - twitter - emails etc) I have done all that.

ThomasToivonen, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  2. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can post it on Facebook. Look up pages/groups on independent films, film fans, movie fans, etc and post a link to your video inside of the group/page. It should get some attention to it.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  3. ThomasToivonen

ThomasToivonen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes they are very good advices. But I have already done that. I was thinking about stuff I could do outside facebook to get more views/attention. And I have a fanpage also: https://www.facebook.com/trukaenchanteds If you want to like it you are welcome (see I'm already doing it). It might seem like a stupid question but my experience is that people can come up with things that you have never thought about before. So, let me put it this way, do you have any unorthodox suggestions on how to increase youtube views. I'm talking about honest views, no scams.

ThomasToivonen, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  4. modernlifeisadam

Best Answers:
    Unorthodox? Promoting through forums, adwords, or social media is about as deep as it gets to getting video to go viral besides doing SEO (Search Engine Optimization.

modernlifeisadam, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  5. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    There really isn't a great answer to this but you could really promote it on social media. Getting a lot of views has been somewhat random in my experience.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Set up a link to your video in addmefast.com or youlikehits.com as a "tweet", then earn points and other people will tweet your link out to their Twitter accounts. it works great and you can go viral this way.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  7. modernlifeisadam

Best Answers:
    You assume that fake views make you go viral? I've used both of those websites before. Although good for fake views, the OP wanted "honest views".

modernlifeisadam, Sep 19, 2013 IP