1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get the Page Rank?

Discussion in 'Google' started by candj, Mar 14, 2007.

1. gogiants

gogiants Peon

Best Answers:
    get your site indexed two months before the next pr update

gogiants, Mar 15, 2007 IP
    candj likes this.
  2. harsha22

harsha22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Get back links from good sites. Post ur comments in blogs, forums and try to have original content in blogs and also update ur blogs regularly.

harsha22, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Right, but that's not how I took the post you were replying to. Could be wrong though.

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been wrong before, probably will be again some day, so I don't doubt that I misread the post's intention.

johnweb, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  5. candj

candj Banned

Best Answers:
    Can you please explain more?

candj, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  6. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    What I meant is that you may see a link to your site on another site but they may have set it up so it doesn't pass any value to your site, just visitors, which is valuable but not in the Google PageRank sort of way.

Redirected links trough an interstitial onsite page, links with rel="nofollow", a link on a page with robots="nofollow", a page that is blocked by robots.txt, javascript link, etc.

There are many ways to obfuscate a link and just visually seeing it on a page or noticing refererals for it in your logs does not mean that you are getting credit for it. On top of that, it's been mentioned that Google may even remove a sites/pages ability to pass PageRank even though it may still have visible toolbar PageRank.

johnweb, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  7. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes not that much, but forum links are also considered as an additional backlinks that may add up to PR, but not that much.

boyponga, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  8. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get quality links from quality/old directories which have a strong PR for subpages. If a site is new, I dont think you would start earning natural linking immediately. It will take more time, provided you have useful resources for others.
    Try to spend few dollars getting quality links from web directory immediately. Some directories also allow free submission but with no guarantee that when or if your site would be added.

krishmk, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  9. Jackie2006

Jackie2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The right way to increase your website's PR is to gain more quality incoming links to your site. But before that you have to make your site useful adding more content and resources. After that you can exchange links with high pagerank related websites that definitely will help to increase your website pagerank. But remember PR is only updated once per quarter, so have patient.

Jackie2006, Mar 21, 2007 IP