1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Started Online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Tawana, Jan 15, 2012.

1. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Here's my recommendation. First off, content is probably the easiest way to start getting traffic. Traffic = Money.

So, my recommendation is to develop a content related site around a hobby that you enjoy. I would recommend doing something that too many people aren't doing, this will give you a better opportunity to succeed. So for example, don't just do like a "soccer blog". Instead, come at it from a different or unique angle. Perhaps a certain position on the soccer field, or maybe you enjoy a specific team. Just start writing and try to stick to a schedule, 2-3 times per week is ideal. Only provide USEFUL AND INFORMATIVE content. If you can't do this, forget it and do something else. :)

PHPGator, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  2. Raph777

Raph777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

First of all, making money online is a very good decision on your part. I think most would agree that making money online is a pretty frustrating matter for most, if not all beginners and newcomers.

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to start making profit online, especially if you are new to internet marketing.

All you need to start with is a one page website, which is also known as a squeeze page. Through this website you will build your business. Basically affiliate marketing is promoting other companies/peoples products or services and earning a certain commission from each sale that occurs through you.

Then all you have to do is generate traffic towards your website and get them to sign up to your emailing list. Once this happens, you slowly start promoting the product through emails. This only applies to information products.

If you want to sell tangible products like a handbag for example you don't need to go through the emailing process as most of the buyers for these kind of products are more likely to be on the verge of buying and don't need convincing.

As i mentioned earlier, starting an online business is a matter many people struggle with as they have no idea where to start. However, with the right tools and knowledge you can easily succeed.

I hope you found this helpful.

Raphael Vasilas

Raph777, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  3. DonaldT

DonaldT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend that you pick one person to learn from and follow their methods. Ignore everything else. Don't sign up for a bunch of email lists and start buying ebooks. If you start jumping from one idea to another you will get nowhere. There are so many distractions and methods you can waste your time and never find success. I think it's important to remember everyone has an angle and that's ok as long as you are getting value from your association with them.

If you have no money I would recommend starting with a site like challenge.co goal is to help you make you first dollar online and the training is free. But don't let the fact that it's free fool you. There is a lot of value in what you will learn there.

If you have some money to spend I would recommend signing up for a membership site like creatingfatcontent.com

Whatever you choose to do it will take a lot of hard work to succeed. If anybody tells you different they are lying to you.

DonaldT, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  4. Teravel

Teravel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best place to get started is one of two options. Affiliate Marketing, so you can skip the product creation stage and get straight to selling. Or, learning Marketing Skills and Freelancing yourself. Both are great ways to learn the basics of Internet Marketing, while bringing in the money you earn.

Teravel, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  5. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    Hello my friend, Affiliate marketing is always popular for a beginner trying to make money online. Being an affiliate marketer means you sell other peoples products for a commission, usually no lower than 50 %

But it can be a long road if you do not have a trusted mentor or coach... Or at least some good training...

You can start of reasonably cheap, all you need is a hosting account to host your web page 50$ - $70 a year, a domain name (the address of your website)- no more than $10 a year... and an autoresponder around $10 to $20 a month....

You can use free tools from the internet to create your webpage/opt in page, your youtube videos that should be keyword optimised, and you could write articles and press releases for more traffic...

You would basically want to hang out in the areas online where your target market hang out, get inside the mind of your future buyers... where do they go and what do they need...

Be carefull do not fall for any websites that promise you can make lots of cash easily in a few weeks or so, it is near to impossible without the right skills and training

If you ever need any help or advice feel free to give us a shout :)

louis d, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  6. nathaniean890

nathaniean890 Peon

Best Answers:
    the easy way to get started online is to read more forums and research always in google.

nathaniean890, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't have cash to invest and need some quick cash I'd suggest writing content. You could easily make 1000 dollars a month writing 6-7 articles a day which could provide cash to get into PPC or SEO.

bigfoot1, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. liquidmarke

liquidmarke Peon

Best Answers:
    Be sure you start build your own email list for the people who come to your website. If you are starting a list there are various ways you can do it.
    1. set up an email submission box on your website.
    2. pull from your already existing list and email to them
    3. pull you facebook emails and make your list from there.
    4. Create a video and have people submit their email address.

liquidmarke, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to start with blog creation.

jhardy2008, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  10. Bpideas

Bpideas Peon

Best Answers:
    5 Best ways to Grow your Business and to Improve profits : Most people think that investment is the only thing that is needed in order to make a business a success. visit more information about business : businessprofitideas.com :rolleyes:

Bpideas, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  11. PointD

PointD Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like you have a bit of Technicle Knowledge, i n your case i would suggest you join up with ONLY one Programme like, Profit Storm, or AMZN Training Academy, Programmes like these teach you how to build Sniper Websites for a particular Product and it teaches from Groundlevel and covers everything from Keyword Research, Wordpress, Wordpress Pluggins, installing, basic SEO, basic back linking All this and more you will be taught through Video, it will Drastically reduce youre Learning curve. Hope that Helps.

PointD, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  12. elitebag

elitebag Peon

Best Answers:
    First you need consider what you want to do online for business .Selling a products or others .If you work hard and want to learn,everything will be better.

elitebag, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  13. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways that you can get started online business such as selling the others' product or joining program.
    But the most important thing that you have to know is targeted market.

rith, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  14. copywriter19

copywriter19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Education on affiliate marketing, blog/article writing and online marketing is your best bet. Do not fall for anything that claims to make you money overnight! When I started over 6 years ago, I literally had a 3 month ramp up time until I was able to pay all of my bills monthly. It takes hard work and perseverance but is SO absolutely worth it! I cannot tell you how thankful I am that I kept with it...it is nice to be out of the rat race:) Good luck!!!

copywriter19, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  15. BharatBhati

BharatBhati Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to start online business. Like Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, Affilliate Marketing, PPC Amrketing. These are some major option which can help to start your online business right now.

BharatBhati, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  16. themethodcollector

themethodcollector Peon

Best Answers:
    I started by selling backlinks, I think I do a good job and so do my customers. find something and practice it.

themethodcollector, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  17. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off, you should start with an education. You should try as much as you can to get as much information about this venture before delving into anything. This is because it costs money to make money but it also costs more to lose money. Without an ideal of the various business models and which one you want to start with you might take the wrong direction and might lose money along the way. That's not to say you won't lose some money at all.

While you're learning, you can use your skills to make money online. You say you can program websites, so offer this service here on this forum, on fiverr.com, elance.com, odesk.com and other freelancing sites. With some samples of your work you should get some orders rolling in so you can in due time invest in your online business.

Making money online requires having a website which is fundamental if you want long term success. That's not to say you can't make money without one though.

Just learn first before you jump in. Maybe a few days combing internet marketing forums will give you an idea of what you want to do.
    Don't dwell on the learning for too long, start something as soon as you're feeling confident.

Take action daily and don't give up.

Good luck.

Anitasol, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  18. domainbeast

domainbeast Peon

Best Answers:
    The easiest way IMHO is to find a niche (keyword research) build a site around that niche and monetize the site. Other ways include have a network of sites, focusing on different niches, and make sure they are monetized. You will read hundreds of different answers to this question, just find what suits you. The biggest thing however is remember this is a real BUSINESS!!

domainbeast, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  19. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Visit the website bigcommercestation dot com where you shall find many online jobs and businesses for beginners!

zubizubi, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  20. jlady

jlady Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advice is don't procrastinate, choose a method and follow it, and don't get distracted by all the shiny new products and shortcuts. Many methods make money, you just have to not get distracted. Easier said than done!!

jlady, Jan 26, 2012 IP