1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get online business partners

Discussion in 'General Business' started by helpandhelp, Feb 5, 2016.

Is it possible to partner with another person you meet online for a website business? For example if you have an idea and hired a developer then your developer wants to partner with you instead of creating the site for you? Do you have experience about this? Have you involved in online business partnership with a person you met online and what was the outcome? How risky is it to enter into online business partnership with a person you just met online?

helpandhelp, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Anytime money is involved there is a risk. If your new partner is willing to invest as much as you are, then you could at least entertain the idea. If he/she is willing to put in as much work then so much the better.
    There are of course security concerns and if your new partner is dishonest he/she could end up owning the whole thing, or at least steal all your hard work and ideas.
    Proceed with caution and do due diligence, have the partners credentials checked out. And he/she better have plenty of references for you to go over.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about relationships. We have a tool here that reaches a worldwide audience. It starts by filling out your profile completely so people can get a better sense of who they are communicating with.

Are you going to go running up to the first hot girl you see at a party and say "you wanna get married" We all know what she would do.

It starts with getting to know one another and communicating. Building business partners is no different.

Have fun and meet a lot of cool fun people...

EPol83, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  4. endgame_media

endgame_media Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Personally I would avoid Partnerships at all costs, the more control you have the better.

endgame_media, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  5. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I guess on paper it would all look good. But in really life I have never seen a partnership that was formed online last. As there is always issues. I would recommend against it at all cost.

CenTex Hosting, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. gamblingdomains

gamblingdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do your due diligence on any partnership and treat it like hiring someone. Don't just trust the first person you meet or like. Interview them and have tough questions. Make contracts and make sure your partnership is fair where both parties bring something of value to the table. If this doesn't happen then also make plans when things don't go right so it becomes less problematic.

gamblingdomains, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  7. Surge Calls

Surge Calls Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You really have to do due diligence before entering in a partnership. There is an exuberant amount of risk involved with entering in a partnership where you haven't even had the opportunity to meet them and I assume have known each other less than a few months. Also, if your business in incorporated there will be another set of issues, so before moving forward evaluate the complementary set of skills etc, but most importantly your mindset.

If one individual has an enterprising and aggressive business development mindset and the other individual has a passive, attention to detail type mindset it will be a difficult partnership because you each have a different set of goals and ideas on how to build your business. Please use due diligence.

Good luck.

Surge Calls, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  8. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds good.... at first. It kinda looks like a watermelon, you gotta open it to see what's inside (I'm not suggesting you go and open your new found partner like a melon).
    Partnership is not just about agreeing on who does what. If you are going to make money out of it (which I believe is your intention) then who gets what? what about your IP and registrations if any?
    Is this person the tech person and you are not? So he can build and own the online presence and why would he need you afterwards?

I'm not trying to be pessimistic but in partnership you need to be. You might have stumbled on the opportunity of a life time or the worst nightmare you could possibly ask for.

Good luck but be cautious. Evaluate the situation, write down everything and make sure all the details are covered.

Mehdi.b, Feb 29, 2016 IP