1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get my services out there

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IsayHey, Nov 28, 2013.

Hello,

I offer a range of services, from providing content for web posts and guest posts etc to Yahoo answer posting service and also a Quora posting service. Although I am fed up of only drawing clients through sites like Fiverr as I'd like to build a relationship with the customer as this allows me to often target my services better and provide some good deals.

Does anyone have any site recommendations where I could promote my service and attract a few potential customers?

Thanks.

IsayHey, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  2. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right here is a good place to start - have a look in the buy sell or trade section for 'services'. Check the rules but as far as im aware you can promote your services there, or at least see if others require similar services you might be able to offer.

Good luck

dayvo, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  3. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have looked, but you have to have at least 3 likes on posts before you are able to do so. This is something that im struggling with despite regular posts.

IsayHey, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  4. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    They'll come. Just try to help others and you'll get there

dayvo, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  5. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully yes, thanks for your help.

IsayHey, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  6. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to endorse what @dayvo has said. If you have all the skills you speak of and I don't doubt you for a moment, then you have a huge asset over a lot of people coming here. Answer as many questions as you can with the aim of making the reader successful. The end result is you will get a lot of respect, "likes" but most importantly, relationships. Once you've got the required "likes" and created a name for yourself as the go to expert in a few particular areas you'll have no trouble getting work through a link in your signature file.

Cyberchoices, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  7. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I concur.. if what you're doing is valuable, you're bound to have certain insights that people who do not do what you do won't have. Just find people who are struggling, and there are plenty of those.. and apply some of your knowledge to get them up a level. A lot of people try to find instant solutions which basically takes a lot longer than just plugging forward with the resources that are right in front of you. It's only 3 likes.. if nothing else, perhaps you can offer a valuable resource for free, and not plug it in a blatant way but instead just let people know it exists and they can contact you if they want to follow up. Doing things like that could make you likable! ;-)

Also, if you don't already have some people who can vouch for your services, then perhaps you should do some for a lowball price if they provide an honest assessment of your work. It's pretty important to have at least one reason why they should pick you over someone else.

kingde, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

Try backpage's business opportunities section. It's not as restrictive as craigslist and you can get prolly more customers from there as opposed to fiverr.

qwikad.com, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  9. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The trick isn't just regular posting but to add something of real value to the discussion.

freelancewebaz, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  10. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Stay on fiverr an offer your services also in forums so people can meet you and build a relationship but at the same time build your website. Your service website and you can add your site in the signature and when people visit your site they will know that you offer more than just one service.

I´m sure this is going to help you a lot!!! Good luck!!

azulita, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  11. element01

element01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Going to the customer is hard work!

I've done it, and it will make you a bit of money - promoting your services in forums, replying to wanted ads, posting a microjob on sites like Fiverr...

The much better alternative?

Bring the customers to you! Sounds simple... and it is!

Set up a website (or possibly a blog would be better in your case) to showcase the services you provide and drive some quality traffic to it using Adwords ($25 will get you an extra $75 at the moment!). While you're doing that, try to get some backlinks on related websites and push your SERP higher for people searching for any of your various services.

You need to create a personal brand that customer engage with, so start by getting an avatar! ;)

I'd also suggest checking out some freelancer websites if you want to try and actively search out clients.

Good luck!

element01, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  12. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Helping others here will surely get you those likes.
    Fiverr is a good source for offer jobs or outsourcing them,
    you just need to do your due diligence before choosing the
    right that will work for you.

mbanj, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  13. mfonini

mfonini Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i love this view my gigs at fiverr.com/mfonini1
    get unlimited followers and likes

mfonini, Dec 5, 2013 IP