1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more visiter to my blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by sajayjoseph, May 30, 2010.

1. musicworld1

musicworld1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxy site view, bookmarking and forums posting is best to getting more traffic. Traffic increase your site page rank.

musicworld1, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. Miguel82

Miguel82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think everything has been suggested. The most important has to be fresh quality, unique content this is what Google wants. Failing that.....you could try paying for traffic with PPC etc.

Miguel82, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. novalion007

novalion007 Peon

Best Answers:
    how about blogspot hosting guys?

novalion007, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  4. FreshFishDesign

FreshFishDesign Guest

Best Answers:
    Just write some good content - why start a blog unless you really feel like you have something to say?

FreshFishDesign, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  5. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is one of the recommended methods by which you can attract more traffic to your blog. This is also the best way to get valid backlinks.

naciketas, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  6. jewmark

jewmark Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO friendly URL, submit to every search engine, google sitemap, social bookmark, forum posting, article submission. I think you need around 1-3 months to see remarkable improvement. Be patient during the process since it takes time.

jewmark, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  7. bapatnmintri

bapatnmintri Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with ronmac and kimigermany, here are tips that people (inc. me) are bored of repeating everytime-

Few most basic steps -
    1) PERMALINKS - mentioned earlier, you can change those permalinks to perfectly SEO'd permalinks without having to do anything else, or worry about the search engine consequences.
    2)Optimize your titles for SEO - Keyword rich post should come earlier, so if your keywords are near the page title you'll be ranked higher, why? coz search engines put more weight on early keywords! and also people skimming through the search engine results, read the first few words!!!!!!!! (VERY IMP!)
    3) Optimize your desription (do keyword research for this) and your text
    4) Many people ignore this cause it's time consuming and boring and as i can see here, even you have ignored in several places! OPTIMIZING YOUR IMAGES - make sure you have "alt" in your "img" command, it helps in ranking better for image search engines (increases traffic slightly) and some web search engines show images in the search results as well (biggest ex. - google) and also add TITLES to your photos
    5)Optimize your template, heading etc! basically, optimize for SEO (keyword research again!)
    6) the other simple things, categorize your content according to not just category but also, tags and date published..

Now for more advanced steps -
    1) Your template loads slowly even on a 24mbps net, i just did a speed test of your website and got 2.96 seconds! whereas amazone takes just less than a second..speed is imortant - why? cause how many search engines will spider on your blog each day is how speedy your website is. Im not a web designer so I can't give you concrete improvements just an outline, you may have to talk to a professional if you dont know how to...YOU CAN optimize the template to do as really small amount of database calls, also may be install a caching plugin sorta thing, like wordpress (i think its wordpress!)
    2) please dont underpay for hosting service, im not sure which host ur with, but this is an advice, goos ones include hostgator
    3) again talk to a professional, i got this done with a programmer friend of mine and i saw the difference in the next PR result - all javascript and CSS you have, move them to external JS and CSS files...and keep the template clean, otherwise it does no good on SEO.SO this way, users and search engines can cache most of your files and dont have to download everytime :) speeds up loading time as well.

now few other things i can not be sure if you have applied or not or dont have time to check -
    1)avoid duplicate content by using robot.txt
    2) link ur contents which are related to each other
    3)make sure when a bot goes to a category page it can reach all the underlying pages without troubles
    4) make people subscribe and comment...make sure ur posts are engaging...its seems to me that urs are :)
    5) always follow ur commenters!

NOW THE NEXT FEW THINGS ARE SUGGESTION FOR YOUR SITE!
    1) think clearly if you actually need "live traffic feed", most of the time it shows wrong, tells me that i am from toukley NSW which is over 100kms! from where i actually am. if you are not sure what to do with the space, put a chat box, its more useful, fun and engage ur viewers, makes them stay longer on the site and even subscribe if they make friends by chatting
    2) PLACE FOR ADVERTISING? its good enough that u have provided a link for "advertisers" till u get a page rank of 4+ or alexa of less than 100,000 or may be even 10,000! dont waste that space for it now. DO SOMETHING THERE, like put a TAG CLOUD!! and when u start getting advertisers then you can think of having those spaces, for now leave all that.

MORAL OF THIS LOOONG STORY - dont be greedy, till you know its perfect! make sure ur site is perfect and makes people subscribe and then advertise, you may have lost many subscribers by advertising before you made sure its SEO and customer friendly.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    bapatnmintri, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  8. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use Ping - social b Mark ---->>>

Aaron111, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. 2010Business

2010Business Peon

Best Answers:
    you need a big social network traffic

2010Business, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  10. Hampers

Hampers Peon

Best Answers:
    Bapapnmintri has it pretty much summed up - Hope the algorithm doesn't change too soon.

But seriously, inviting comments and responding to the comments, and even allowing them when they may be slightly off topic, or inviting the poster to resubmit the comment just so you can have at least a comment instead of the dreaded 0 Comments

Then you are on your way, Good Luck..

Hampers, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  11. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with all that said ---- you still need the correct wp seo plug ins and relevant tilte searches to RANK IN GOOGLE

Aaron111, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  12. SandyMcC

SandyMcC Peon

Best Answers:
    content, content, content then a bit of SEO and I suppose design helps too.

SandyMcC, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  13. mikeypimps

mikeypimps Peon

Best Answers:
    it wont happen over night or over a week. It will take months for it to become popular if you write fresh content to your website at least 3 times a week.

mikeypimps, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. Indische

Indische Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use SEO, promote link, exchange link or banner, and always visit other blog for promote your blog :)

Indische, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  15. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well designed blog and quality content...

fau00, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  16. gborn

gborn Peon

Best Answers:
    Work on SEO.
    Submit your blog as much as you can free blog directories.
    Submit our rss feed to as much as rss feed directories.
    Promote your blog on social networking sites.
    Create quality backlinks.
    Visit other blogs and leave comments with a backlink to your own blog.

Once you succesfully bring more traffic your revenue will increase significantly.

gborn, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  17. Hampers

Hampers Peon

Best Answers:
    Keeping things relevant and having a real link back to your previous posts so everyone can share in your previous knowledge gems.

Hampers, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  18. amath

amath Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a good traffic solution for your blog; post articles with a link to your blog to a large number of article directories, find a free article submitter for the purpose. You have a nice professionally-looking blog.
    You can also join some free traffic exchanges or pay for cheap PPC adversing.

amath, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  19. alex06291

alex06291 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do forum posting in related forum, believe me it would increase the traffic fastly. If you make 100 posts per day then I think 20 visitors would increase everyday, and forum visitors are targeted visitors.

alex06291, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  20. gborn

gborn Peon

Best Answers:
    • Unique Content Writing
    • Strong Link Building
    • Spreading Right Keyword
    • Article Submission
    • Social Bookmarking
    • Blog Writing And Submission
    • Pay Per Click Campaigns

gborn, Jul 27, 2010 IP