1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more users for my new forum website

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by junagadh1, May 17, 2011.

Dear Members,
    Please tell me how to get users for my 30 days old forum website. You can see here => http://dealshell.com

Please tell me the steps required to make a forum website popular without having any illegal or copyright contents?

junagadh1, May 17, 2011 IP
  2. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your forum has pretty good stats already.

This is how I advertise my forums.

Facebook
    Create a fan page, add your sites information and link and share it amongst your friends, this can really work great.

Twitter
    Make tweets that include your forums link and hashtags that are relevant to your forum.

Directories
    There are literally thousands of directories you can list your forum on. Directories are a great source of traffic.

You can also add a link to your forum in your signature on forums you are active on.

That's the free ways to advertise your forum, obviously there's a lot more paid methods that will generate better results, but what I've mentioned above should be enough if done correctly.

Good luck.

JMDomains, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. mysteryofmarketing

mysteryofmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Make compelling threads that will entice site visitors to sign up. Only a small fraction of my daily readers actually participate on my message board.

mysteryofmarketing, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. junagadh1

junagadh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I already create facebook page as well as twitter but i can not get any user. i open my forum dealshell.com almost 3 month ago and not getting visitor

junagadh1, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JMDomains summed it up really well, after if you have money to invest the possibilities are endless.

Guisbar, May 18, 2011 IP
  6. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You got a neat design there. I see your forum has a section for free stuff, that can give you an idea how to start ;) You go on different forums, offer something for free and tell other people to visit your forum for more freebies. (read the forum's rules before posting so you don't get banned)

I have always had the idea about starting a new forum but I never had the time for it. I'm interested in your site, I will contact you soon.

Cucumba123, May 18, 2011 IP
  7. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    well mabey add more content for only being up a month its doing really well nice job. Mines been up for 15 days and 73 members and far least post. Were going to ad content next. So nice job on your site just stick with it.

TheMissingLink007, May 18, 2011 IP
  8. junagadh1

junagadh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thaks Cucumba for you comment and you are always welcome to contact me any time

junagadh1, May 18, 2011 IP
  9. gamblerseven

gamblerseven Peon

Best Answers:
    Bookmark your forum. Many surfers now visit bookmarking sites like Digg, Diigo, Delicious, Jumptags, Reddit and StumbleUpon. You can also advertise your forum via ad posting for free.

gamblerseven, May 18, 2011 IP
  10. ITI

ITI Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of what I'm about to say has already been said but I'm going to repeat it.

Directories
    There are thousands of directories on the Web. Some are more popular than others. There are also some directories dedicated to forums. If you don't know of any directories, a great way to find them is to use a search engine. Search "free web directory" to get the best results. However, use the free at your own risk. Some directories require backlinks which can be very annoying at times.

Social Networking
    Use facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. to gain traffic to your website. If some news pops up relative to your forum's subject, post something in one of these sites and make a link at the bottom leading to your forum. Give advice like "For more info or to find topics related to the subject vist our website here.

Articles
    As stated in the social networking advice, if something in the world happens that is relevant to your forum's subject, don't be afraid to make an article on that subject and backlink to your forum. If viewed enough, or it is detailed enough, you may notice a MASSIVE traffic increase.

Fake Users
    If you're forum is almost dead, make a couple of fake accounts. Make sure the names are unrelated so nobody can track it down to you. Use these users to make new topics and reply to existing topics. It will make your forum seem more alive. Thouhh crazy, it works. (Don't forget to give each of your users a different personality.)

Attractive
    Keep your forum looking nice. If you have a provider that allows you to switch between styles, make sure the style fits the mood of your forum. If you have a forum about goths or emos, use a black style ot use a style with darker colors. Also, don't forget to change the imagesets of your forum. You don't want a forum about iOS gaming to have a puppy dog head for the unread posts symbol. (Make sure they're marched as well.

Anyways, that's all the advice I can give you. Good luck with your forum!

ITI, May 18, 2011 IP
  11. junagadh1

junagadh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks peon for your advise hope it will get me some user

junagadh1, May 19, 2011 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Get your current members to help spread the word by creating a street team!

Qryztufre, May 19, 2011 IP