1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more pages indexed and cached?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by mizt, Sep 6, 2005.

My forum has more then 200,000 pages but not even half of them are indexed and about 1/6 of those are actullay cached. The forum I'm reffering to is a PHPBB forum. It does have a google sitemap installed and the site itself has many links. What tips would you reccomend to get the amount of indexed pages up? Ultimately the more indexed/cached pages means not only more traffic but more links from the coop which then means more $$$.

Does anyone have a sitemap script for PHPBB that is like the Vbulletin one, that updates everytime the cron job is run? PHPBB one takes a while to download as it makes the list on the fly and from what I can see google would rather not wait.

mizt, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think ultimately you just will want to get more links to your forum (including deep links). Like any site, the more links you have the more spiders are going to suck down content. Google and Yahoo each have about 250,000 pages from this forum and I don't use any sitemaps or anything else as an example.

digitalpoint, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, thanks for the help, could you go into detail about deep links? I believe you mean links to actual threads and such, am I correct?

mizt, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... correct... links not to your main page.

digitalpoint, Sep 6, 2005 IP