1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get many twitter followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by mspider, Aug 25, 2009.

1. smartseotools

smartseotools Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow the profiles with large number of followers and your followers will be GROW quickly!!!

smartseotools, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  2. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you even get followers, you need to make sure that you setup your account correctly, so that you get the most traffic to your website(s).

Step 1. The very first thing you need to do is setup your “online bio” it’s under “settings” and put your website URL on that settings page too.

Step 2. When most people start off in Twitter, each time they get a new follower they reply one by one thanking them for following them. You don’t need to do that. Use this: Tweet Later ,that service is like an auto responder for Twitter! When someone follows you, Tweet later will send them a direct message, with whatever you want!

So in this message, thank them for following you, but also include a link to your website, asking them to check it out! If you can, give them a free gift to join your list. With Tweet Later you can also automatically auto follow the people that follow you if you’d like. That’s what I do.

How to Get Twitter Followers:

A lot of people don’t know where to start when it comes to how to get twitter followers. I’ll give you some simple tips that I used to get over 1,500 twitter followers within a month!

#1. The number one most easy way to get twitter followers is to simply follow others! Seems simple, yet not many people are doing it. All you do is search Twitter for the “gurus” in your niche, and follow the people that are following them. The gurus in your niche should have the bulk of your target market, that’s why I say to follow their followers.

You can follow a max of 2,000 people so split that up and follow other gurus followers too. Not just one guru. That will give you more of a wider net to make sure you get the market you’re looking for.

After you follow 2,000 people, those people will want to know who you are, so make sure you put your website URL in your profile! That will send free traffic to your website.

Now wait about 2 weeks to give the people you followed a chance to start following you. You should get about 700 followers by the end of the 2 weeks! Now go to: Twitter Karma and un-follow everyone who is NOT following you. And repeat the step above to get more followers.

#2. Include a link to Twitter in your forum sig. Just think of Twitter as a website. The same way’s you can get traffic to your website, you can do the same for Twitter. So make sure to post your Twitter link in your sig on forums!

#3. Include a link to Twitter in all emails you send out to your list. At the end of the email, just say “Follow me on Twitter” with your link.

Candise, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how effective this is. Unless the person tweets about you, there's a good chance no one will even see or care that you're following that person. Not many people go through all of another person's followers...and there's nothing to make you stand out from such a large number of people

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Having a nice blog with lots of great content can increase your followers, that's what I saw in other blogs...

extraspecial, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. petemurray

petemurray Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a reasonable thing to expect is that if you start following someone, they may follow you. However, i agree with an earlier most in that if I see someone how follwed 100 people in a day, I wont reciprocate the following.

petemurray, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  6. Red-Spiral

Red-Spiral Peon

Best Answers:
    Just don't spam on twitter and get your twitter url well know ;)

Red-Spiral, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  7. epromoter

epromoter Peon

Best Answers:
    ok howmany can follow you from here 50 maximum ;)

epromoter, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  8. vendor1949

vendor1949 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of 'following' than 'followers'. Do you mean to say that if I follow all those followings, I will have hundreds of followers?

vendor1949, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  9. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not true. Not nearly everyone will follow you back. You need to follow people gradually so it seems natural and make sure that your tweets are interesting to other people. Most people will only follow you back if your tweets are interesting and relevant to them. The ones that follow everyone back are usually spammers.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  10. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    you do follow other, others will follow you...That is the trick behind it.

christyzen, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  11. mspider

mspider Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, but this is very, very slow. You must spend hours and hours on twitter to follow people and checking if everyone you follow became your follower. Am I right?

mspider, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  12. yk0279

yk0279 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always try to follow the people related to your interest. You can search twitter directory where you can find the lot's of twitter profile related to your interest like wefollow

yk0279, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  13. revisitors

revisitors Peon

Best Answers:
    follow people who have many followers, always update your tweets

revisitors, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  14. kimmy1986

kimmy1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    now there is a software to add the followers in twitter

kimmy1986, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  15. AskTheTrainer

AskTheTrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like most people said, I think posting on forums like this and asking to follow eachother works ...

AskTheTrainer, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  16. junosama

junosama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best thing you can do is create a popular site or brand and let them naturally follow you. If your twitter is optimized and active people will find you if they are interested in your niche.

junosama, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  17. akitmane

akitmane Peon

Best Answers:
    take this stratigy:
    1: good profil, if you don't have a good profil, you an't get follower
    2: find a niche, if you are webmaster, Following the best profil in your niche.
    3: manage your profil using this tool http://www.tweetlater.com/
    4: feed your niche keyword using https://twitterfeed.com/
    don't forget! Follow anyone one follower you!
    5: call to action, tell your visitors Follow me & i will Follow you!
    that's all!!

akitmane, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  18. webfreelance

webfreelance Peon

Best Answers:
    well sorry i havent read all that but....
    you need to follow best profiles with most followers

unfollow them and again follow them this will help to get more followers

i think this will help u....

webfreelance, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  19. xojac

xojac Peon

Best Answers:
    mmh I still do not get why people try to get as many twitter followers as possible. Where is the sense ? Twitter is not about Followers !!! I had an Twitter account with a rate of people who follow me divided through the number people I follow, which was greater than 8. My twitter account also had a pagerank 5 and still I had less than 2000 followers. Nevertheless the influence and the power that comes with an pagerank 5 site is easy to imagine.

So do not try to get that many followers that is just a waste of time, the people are going to start following you as soon as they notice your power anyway.

(I quit twitter after around half a year of activity because it was way too time consuming and because of people who though twitter is all about followers and spamming, those did not get anything.)

xojac, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  20. bunq.co.uk

bunq.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right, whats the point in getting 2,000+ followers if they are all strippers trying to intice you into AdultFreindFinder! when you sell coffee!

Its all about getting targeted followers, one of my accounts brings over 100 hits a day to my site from twitter on autopilot, all targeted followers for my niche.

I think it depends mostly on your business model and niche if twitter will work for you, or if social networking even works at all !!

bunq.co.uk, Sep 4, 2009 IP