1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get listed on Google and get some decent page rank - Life experience !

Discussion in 'Google' started by nedim, May 13, 2008.

Okay, after a years working with websites, and with their optimization, search engine submission, I have realized some things. I’ll try to share them with you in just couple sentences. I would not sell any book or things like that, because by my point of view, learning is like software and sex – it is the best when it’s free and at the and, I get this knowledge on this and others forums for free. :D

1) First and very important thing is to have very good developed website in technical aspect. Today it is easy to achieve this with free CMS-es like joomla, drupal, etc. I mean, if it is possible, the best solution is to have different title for every text you have on your website (automatic title p.e.in joomla), then after that it is good to have Search engine friendly URLs, like http://www.yourdomain.com/section/Text-title . Search engines just loves them. And at the end, it is good to have automatic keywords for every text you have and description. That would give more information about your website to search engine.

2) Second is quality of your content. It is good to be unique, and it is very important to have very much updates in your website, because when Google notice that you update your website content daily they would index you probably daily.

3) Submit your website to DMOZ in several categories, because some of editors would find it appropriate to their category, and be patient, it would be listed in some place if it deserve to be listed. If not accepted in week or two, then do it again.

4) If you want to be listed on Google, you “must” use Google Webmasters tools. It is free, and it is great. You can find them here: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and get more infos about them.

5) Participate in discussions on very good ranked blogs, and post your link there, but do not spam. Most of that blogs offer entering your website domain name inside their comment form. Also, participate in good ranked and high quality forums and use signature option, but again, do not be spammy and do not force people to visit your website, and put just normal signature, not like eyekiller signatures.

6) If, you have good content sometime, submit it to digg.com and stumbleupon.com, but then again, do not spam. Do not ever submit every of your story do digg.com or stumbleupon.com. You’ll get huge amount of traffic from them if you content is quality. And off course it would be great for Google search engine.

7) Create some article about your new website and submit it to “free articles submit” web sites, and off course use url of your website there, but do not bother with low page rank websites.

8) If you do not have account on myspace, facebook, linkedin, orkut, xing, ect, you must open it there and inside your profile put the name and link to your website. On xing, and linkedin it would be useful if you make your profile available to search engine and public view, but then again, you can filter some of your private infos to be not searchable. These websites are very high ranked and very seriously accepted by Google.

9) Open accounts on blogspot.com and wordpress.com and add links to your web site there.

10) And at the and, submit your website directly to Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/

I hope this would be helpful and useful to other people here on DP they might not used this kind of system. If anyone have some to add, please do it, it would be useful to me and other in the future. Although this might not be successful, but it worked for me for a couple of years.

nedim, May 13, 2008 IP
    CanadianEh likes this.
  2. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the useful post. Green rep provided.

I couple of comments with my 2 cents:

4) If you want to be listed on Google, you “must” use Google Webmasters tools.
    I would say that they are useful but not a must. New SEOs can learn a few things.

10)submit your website directly to Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/
    I don't think this is necessary for any site that you most of steps 1 through 9.

CanadianEh, May 13, 2008 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    3) Submit your website to DMOZ in several categories, because some of editors would find it appropriate to their category, and be patient, it would be listed in some place if it deserve to be listed. If not accepted in week or two, then do it again.

*hollow laugh* shall we start a thread of people who have been waiting for years to be listed in dmoz?

magda, May 13, 2008 IP
  4. nedim

nedim Guest

Best Answers:
    4) Yes, I do agree. For me they are more than just useful, thats why I put "must" under double quotes. It is more like "very recommended and very useful" then "have to" :)

10) Agree with that statement too, but it is good for start.

nedim, May 13, 2008 IP
  5. nedim

nedim Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats why I am saying, submit them to several categories to DMOZ, where they are appropriate. One editor would review it if you submit it to several categories sooner or later.

nedim, May 13, 2008 IP
  6. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the recommendation. I haven't made a submission in 2 years, but I should submit some of the good ones now. The reward is still worth the effort.

CanadianEh, May 13, 2008 IP
    ЄxDeus™ likes this.
  7. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice information.

Thanks for sharing :)

angilina, May 13, 2008 IP
    ЄxDeus™ likes this.
  8. milofi_hosting

milofi_hosting Banned

Best Answers:
    Great tips!

I don't think its that needed to submit directly to Google though.

milofi_hosting, May 13, 2008 IP
  9. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice of you to post this thank you for sharing :)

ЄxDeus™, May 13, 2008 IP
  10. nedim

nedim Guest

Best Answers:
    You are welcome.
    Hope, some more experienced users would add some more tips.

nedim, May 13, 2008 IP
  11. cdx

cdx Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips... thanks medim!

cdx, May 13, 2008 IP
  12. sujuncai

sujuncai Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually one of my new sites have already been indexed by Google. Ah what the heck, I'll submit it just as well...

sujuncai, May 13, 2008 IP