1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get listed in Google Maps again?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LawnchairLarry, Dec 10, 2008.

Hello webmasters,
    I am working on the website of a restaurant, which I submitted to Google Local Business Centre. The website of the restaurant in question got listed in the local business listings on the first page of the search-engine results for the keyword phrase restaurant in <city>. It stayed there for about a month and in the meantime I also got the restaurant to show up for vegetarian restaurant in <city>. However, since a week the listing for restaurant in <city> has disappeared. This is bothering me, because restaurant in <city> drives more traffic than vegetarian restaurant in <city>, so I am eager to get the listing back again. The restaurant has not received any bad reviews ever since and hasn't been moved either. I changed the categories in GLBC in the meantime, although I can't remember the initial categories that I submitted. I am stuck as to how to go about solving this issue. Can anyone help me out?

LawnchairLarry, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  2. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    geester1, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  3. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know how to get a listing in GLBC. I was asking how to regain a listing after having "lost" the previous one. Does anyone know the relevant factors in a Google Maps listing?

LawnchairLarry, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  4. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Anilagrawal: Cheers for your reply! I stumbled upon an excellent article about the Google Local search ranking factors by David Mihm and others. The factors you mentioned are mentioned in the article too. I think I know what may have caused the website to loose its listing in the Google Local search results: I changed the categories and added a vaguely related one. Little did I know that that is regarded as spam and so my website got the boot. I removed the vaguely related category today, so hopefully the website will regain its listing soon.

LawnchairLarry, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  5. bollinger1985

bollinger1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many other popular business listing website too:
    Superpages
    InfoUSA (only for USA)
    TrueLocal
    Local
    Localeze
    Yellowbot
    insiderpages