1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Listed in DMOZ ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by bulletinblips, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As we have constantly told you but you deliberately do not want to hear, we do NOT represent DMOZ. If you want to question the guiding rules write and ask the owners and you seem to have deliberately not heard what Jim previously said about where to find them.
    Here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2068047#post15648358
    Here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2004527#post15309079
    Here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1769908#post14864564 with a reference back to this thread in RZ http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52845

How many more times in threads you have posted in do you need to have the reference?
    Now please stop asking repetitive questions which have already been answered about DMOZ many times over.

Anonymously, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, I checked your links and NONE of them answer my actual question that I keep repeating here...

But since its the contact issue that you editors in this thread are stuck on, then yes, I do hope that others click on your links as I have.

An ODP link does NOT count, it leads to ODP editors, and if I have a complaint that I wish to go to the owner about, I'd assume it's not an editor I wish to speak to.

As for once again being pointed to the AOL legal team, why is it that every other aspect of AOL has it's own contact information to contact AOL, yet the ODP needs to be directed to the legal department? Funny that don't ya think... that AOL would have contact information to many other areas of their goingson, but when it comes to some backwoods directory, they don't even realize they own it, and the editors point people to the legal department!

RZ does NOT count either, that is NOT an official AOL site and YOU KNOW IT, now tell me again, how does one go about contacting AOL on behalf of the ODP, and a link to the legal department does not count, as it's not a question for the legal department!

My guess is that you either do not know, or if you do know, are actually afraid to give such information out in fear of people actually contacting AOL over how the editors act and how the ODP is ran.

So, I ask again.... why on earth would you punish the end user for the actions of the site owner, if it's truly the end user and not the site owner the ODP actually cares about?

And as for this...
    till my question is answered!

Its like asking on DP here how to contact shawn and being given a link to the legal department rather then a link to Digitalpoints profile... seriously? Is my question really that hard to answer?

Qryztufre, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  3. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you arent really asking a question....everyone knows that. Yet again you are simply casting dispersion and trying to cloud the truth, as you always do.

If you wish to speak to the owner ......then you are advised to contact the Legal Dept and thats who you contact. If the owners want it that way, what the hell has that got to do with you and quite simply, its none of your damn business. Nothing funny, nothing fishy, they simply leave the Legal Dept to deal with inquiries.....oh, and Jerks like you :)

I would have thought an ex-editor would have known who to contact....then again, your editing career was very, very short before you had to leave:(

snooks, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Shaun says "Any questions to the legal department" where do you send questions? To the toilet? To the queen? To the Canadian Government? Or perhaps to the LEGAL DEPARTMENT.

Jim gave you the link to where we are told to refer people with questions, but you know better as always, your 3 minute editing experience makes you the expert. ROFLAO.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Anonymously, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Once again snooks you are right on top of things. I was tricking people into thinking this was a question:

Why on earth would the ODP want to punish the end user for the actions of the website owner?

I guess I was being sneaky because editors once again changed common word definitions with something else. This time I guess it was the meaning of what a question is. *rolls eyes*

And Anon, OK, I'll try the legal department. Though if that's not correct are you willing to eat your hat for giving me false contact information? I mean, nearly every aspect of AOL has it's own section for contacting someone within AOL... but the ODP is the legal department, that does seem VERY strange to me. But I will try... I guess thank you

Qryztufre, Nov 26, 2011 IP