1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Like in DP ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jaamama, Apr 24, 2013.

1. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please forgive me for asking this as I have not been using the new and improved DP a lot, but please can you let me know as to how having lots of "likes" is beneficial for the members of DP?

Obviously it is great to have people "like" you and I only ask this as we did not have "likes" in the the old DP and so just wanted to know how having lots of likes is a help, other than the fact that you have lots of people who "like" you :)

mytechiestuff, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

There are no benefits. It is simply a reflection of what others think of a members posts and nothing else.

browntwn, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  3. Benny Rockwell

Benny Rockwell Peon

Best Answers:
    lol....... Bro post nice and attractive things

Benny Rockwell, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can see that it has worked for you.

[​IMG]

Devtard, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's beneficial if you intend to start threads to sell services in the marketplace section, for which you need to be "established," i.e. have 3 or more likes.

melprise, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  6. NYHuntClub

NYHuntClub Member

Best Answers:
    Yes!
    I have used DP several times to purchase services or to start a contest. Now, i need to get "likes" before I can post a new contest.

But, do I need to subject myself to other members that have the required "likes", and have them write condescending posts (eg. Spoiled Diva) about the b@stards of DP?

I'm just trying to give talented members work by holding a contest...because they have a certain skill that I don't posses.

People are going to post redundantly to try and get 3 likes. Some visit DP to learn. We can't all be authors of articles which others find "helpful".

What I can offer is; be accepting of everyone posting. Turn the frown the other way around. And hopefully, you will eventually read a post that pertains to one of your strengths...giving you the opportunity to post something helpful.

All for 3 Likes? You'd think this was middle school.

NYHuntClub, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about perception. You used the word "condescending" while I would utilize the word "encouraging". I wish to discourage crap, useless posts and *encourage* posts like your last one. I do my best to congratulate newbies who are sincere and wish to join in the community here. But there is a difference between them and some of the garbage posters.
    I'll continue to offer my opinion and encourage or discourage as I see fit.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  9. nimohostco

nimohostco Peon

Best Answers:
    Post Nice artical and attractive things

nimohostco, May 1, 2013 IP
  10. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "It's beneficial if you intend to start threads to sell services in the marketplace section..."

I do believe that to be a very important point.

The current version of DP is mostly created for the seller of products and services.

I am mostly (99.99%) a buyer on behalf of my clients and usually do not sell any thing here.

I really think that the powers-that-be here at DP should consider looking at the new and improved DP from the buyers point of view as well.

mytechiestuff, May 1, 2013 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Pretty sure you expressed your opinions about the "powers-that-be here at DP" in the other threads you started:

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/why-fix-dp-when-nit-was-never-broken.2628758/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/you-have-insufficient-privileges-to-reply-here.2628773/

At least here you are not being the complete asshole you were in those two threads. Re-reading them I can't believe he puts up with all the absurd and childish behavior from you.

browntwn, May 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    False. If that were the case, everyone could use the marketplace on day one. Buy/Sell/Trade is (and was always) nothing more than a benefit for contributing/good members.

digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "At least here you are not being the complete asshole you were in those two threads. Re-reading them I can't believe he puts up with all the absurd and childish behavior from you."

My dear chap please do take it easy and please note that what you say makes not the slightest bit of difference to me.

Please believe me when I say that I am not being any different in my view of the new and improved DP.

It may be that I need to delve deeeep into the new DP to find the features that we all loved, such as the page that you have kindly guided me to.

As far as "the childish behavior" is concerned, it may be hard for you to understand this but I will do what ever it takes to protect the interests of my clients.

Obviously we all have other options available to us in life and do not have to put up with stuff that is less than satisfactory.

It is just that DP has been a great source for every thing for me and my clients and I wanted to fight as much as I could, to try and get some of the best features back from this new and improved version of DP.

Why does this bother you so much browntwn that you have to say such really nasty things to me about it all though?

Ever seriously thought about that browntwn????

14. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "False. If that were the case, everyone could use the marketplace on day one. Buy/Sell/Trade is (and was always) nothing more than a benefit for contributing/good members."

That may be so to begin with, but do you not agree that overall the current version is basically designed for the sellers of products and services and not buyers?

I appreciate that there are many things still available, but need to be "discovered" again, just as browntwn very kindly directed me to the "All Links page".

But I think that it is unfair that after all these years, I have to search around (many have given up!) for all of the best features that were available to us at DP which was the very best techie forum on the web!

15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What feature are you looking for from the old that you have been unable to find?

digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
  16. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "What feature are you looking for from the old that you have been unable to find?"

Well the "all links page" is one, for which I must thank my old friend Brwntwn, as I may find many things that I have been looking for when I go to that page.

Basically in the old days when I visited DP, I went directly to the Scripts for sale, (which I can not find now) and then to sites for sale and after that I would look around to see what great services were being offered which could be useful for one or more of my clients.

I did that for many years and was able to get a lot of really great products and services here at DP for my clients.

It may be just because I do not know where all of the above has been hidden away in the new DP, but I have not been able to buy a single script or a site here on DP since the "upgrade" much as I have been trying to!

I know many other friends who have experienced similar problems and have simply given up!

17. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Scripts:
    https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/scripts.3/category

Sites:
    https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/sites

Fairly easy to find and so very easy to buy a script (easier than before as it's delivered immediately by DP). Maybe you're just blinded by rage? Relax mate, sit back, empty your mind of all this anger, get drunk, take a look again when calm.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2013 IP
  18. crystalq

crystalq Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im straight stealing your skates ;)

crystalq, May 4, 2013 IP
  19. dAVID aBRAHAM

dAVID aBRAHAM Peon

Best Answers:
    I don,t thing any body have that much time to like the post they just comment it

dAVID aBRAHAM, May 5, 2013 IP
  20. liquidwebBret

liquidwebBret Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is king. Really that is the answer.

liquidwebBret, May 9, 2013 IP