1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get leads

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mikecowell, Apr 29, 2016.

Please take a look at this website Ficode DOT com, we are getting upto 7k users monthly but not getting leads. If we are getting 3 percent traffic on a page (100 users) then why users don't generate valuable query from there. Any appreciable thoughts on where we should improve?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Mikecowell, Apr 29, 2016 IP
  2. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have no answer, just compliments!
    It's a very beautiful and well designed web site! Congratulations!

But your site is not for consumers. It's a B2B platform, business to business.
    You need other businesses, not consumers, to visit your site.

Then it's different! Do you mingle with other businesses!?
    Exhibitions, Rotary, morning meetings, short presentations, different organizations aimed for businesses? (We have a few of these in Sweden. I'm sure there are also where you are. UK?)

I'm not sure the site is the problem! It's the visitors and the expectations from these visitors! :)

angelica c, May 1, 2016 IP
  3. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    your site does not really look noob friendly, try make a little more noob friendly. layman type stuff. It seems extremely technical and i am assuming less than 1% of your visitors will actually know what it is you do. just a though.

Mybulen, May 6, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Your site is a bit broken. When I hover over any drop down menu (About Us, Services) initially the drop down thing has a whitish background that quickly disappears. It appears again if I move the pointer. Secondly, when I shrink the browser at one point your logo completely disappears. It appears again if I continue to shrink the browser.

The reason you don't get many leads is the competition is brutal out there. If I had to get a site designed for me (not that I need to) I could probably choose among 50+ well qualified services. It's easy to get overlooked among so many good competitors.

qwikad.com, May 6, 2016 IP
  5. acido255

acido255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you are only relying on SEO for leads you might want to work on your content strategy

acido255, May 8, 2016 IP
  6. JeffH {wx}

JeffH {wx} Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website looks great, don't listen to others about "broken this" or that, while sure they could be fixed, it's not the end of the world. That said, unless you are a development firm in an overseas country with stupid cheap labour, you'll be hard pressed to generate leads from "organic" methods. In most first world countries, it's word of mouth (aka recommendations), person-to-person meetings, and acquisition, and the website generally used as a reference point.

At least that's been my experience.

Also, 7k is a fairly large number, where is the traffic coming from ?

JeffH {wx}, May 8, 2016 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What the...? Why shouldn't they listen? Nobody said it's the end of the world. It was just a thing I pointed out to them. They are offering web development and software development services. Anything that's broken on their site is a reflection on their poor web design abilities. You obviously didn't check their site: http://ficode.com/ to find out what their service is all about. Those broken links alone can be a deterrent to some potential clients. Sheesh.

qwikad.com, May 8, 2016 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Broken English won't be helping your cause
    But what I find interesting is that on your About Us page you launch into justifying the use of international outsourcing but it isn't even mentioned on your home page.

A google search tells me that your primary office is in Guragon but your Contact Us page has it as the least important address. Of the 4 addresses you give it's also the only one that Google Maps couldn't identify. Google Places only knows about the posh place in Coventry and not at all about the home office in the midlands, the office in London (unfortunate that streetview was taken before you moved in) or Mohali. I'd be getting that straightened out asap as the lack of verification makes you look very new.

Having a Careers page makes your company seem big and well established but the locations you occupy contradict that. The text needs to be edited too. I'm not sure about the "peek", incessant is a negative word and are you really a leader in the IT industry? Puffery makes you look like a charlatan.
    When I looked through your portfolio you have
    1. Zoom Interiors - now homeapp.com, if they're no longer a client you probably shouldn't be referencing them. If they are you should be linking to their new site.
    2. IndieSource - looks good but would be nice to have a link to go to the site.
    3. My Date Night - domain is parked so not a good portfolio item
    4. KDB - site is gone
    5. Pretty Vintage Things - I'd probably keep quiet on this one, the images are slow to load, the site isn't responsive
    6. FitScrubs - looks good but would be nice to have a link to go to the site.
    7. SalesForce - you did design work for SalesForce? I'd be making a bigger deal about that.

Your biggest problem though is that people like personal referrals for that kind of work so you may find that joining BNI gives you the most leverage.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    sarahk, May 8, 2016 IP
  9. JeffH {wx}

JeffH {wx} Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm well aware of what their service offering was, I was just trying to say a lot of people put far too much focus on creating a "perfect" website (or look of their restaurant etc) that it gets in the way of creating a successful business. The guy is on here asking on how to bring in business (or in a more basic term, put food on his table). While it's great that it was pointed out, I think he is far better of focusing on landing paying clients then fixing minor bugs on his website that on the surface looks perfectly fine, while yes there is an error here and there it's easily explained away with a "yes, we are aware of it, and have been busy servicing out clients, who come first, but it's on our list somewhere" or similar.

I find that so many new businesses focus so much on trying to create the perfect "this" instead of just delivering something workable that can be sold.

10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @JeffH {wx} I couldn't agree more, and the 80:20 rule can apply. The thing is that maybe some of these web problems are stopping people from picking up the phone or submitting a form. If they are then they have to be addressed.
    Example: broken English. If they can't get the text right when they have the time to have it written well, proofed by friends, family and colleagues then how well are they going to understand me when they're under pressure?

sarahk, May 8, 2016 IP
  11. JeffH {wx}

JeffH {wx} Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @sarahk , I agree with what you are saying in a generalized sense, but I generally feel that unless one is offering a "bottom of the barrel" design service (aka $99 5 page website, and so on, or $20 logo design etc), that "web development as a service" generally it's a case of throw traffic at a website, it's word of mouth (X recommending Y), meetings in person, and pounding the pavement for leads.

Though equally, I'd highly question the "quality" of the traffic he is getting, I have a business with customers in over 50 countries, and it doesn't see 7k unique visits in a month including the existing customer base, but does achieve sign-ups every month.

sarahk likes this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ficode.com should also make a bigger deal of the time Mike spent at Facebook and AirBnB. That's a pretty big deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sarahk, May 8, 2016 IP
  13. venzlie

venzlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi, i already checked your site, maybe my suggestion is not pretty good.
    but i have some suggestion for optimizing your conversion rate since i was studying about conversion optimization

1. you dont have to put view more link on every section at your homepage. (visitors click may be spread out to unimportant pages). you already have explain the main content on each section of homepage, example: about us, process, and portfolio (you can put 6 best client on the portfolio section)
    2. you can shows service section in the homepage to all of your category in service menu
    3. you can remove the contact us form at the homepage, because when i naturally try to buy something on your website, i must know what i need. if i just on homepage, i will not know what i needed (mobile web or etc). you can move the contact us on every section of service menu (mobile,web,e commerce etc)
    4. you need to put a right call to action. i visit the service (example: e commerce) it just text and images explaining your service without any clear call to action. before you putting contact form below this page, please put the clear call to action, you can use ribbon style. (examples of call to action: Order E-commerce Service Now! Fill Form Below, Let us do the rest)

venzlie, May 8, 2016 IP
  14. Jacob.Hamilton

Jacob.Hamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that lead generation issues are a pest among business owners. Maybe developing more user friendly items will help people pursue this area in business more.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Jacob.Hamilton, May 9, 2016 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Can you give an example that would be relevant to a web development firm?

sarahk, May 9, 2016 IP
  16. Jacob.Hamilton

Jacob.Hamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see why a web development firm wouldn't want to optimize their site to get more leads for more clients. Maybe I was just throwing something out of the box from this forum haha, sorry about that

Jacob.Hamilton, May 9, 2016 IP
  17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you did work for Salesforce and list them last? That's like a Sports Agent saying "Yes... we've worked with the best... Jarod Smith, Kyle Patterson, Joey Johnson... umm.. Greg Peters.... Bobby...um Bobby Jones... and Michael Jordan"

NetStar, May 23, 2016 IP
  18. Mikecowell

Mikecowell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your answers. Inputs are really beneficial for me. We will definitely make improvements in website as mentioned here.

Mikecowell, May 26, 2016 IP
  19. Mikecowell

Mikecowell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks sarahk! Your answer is really appreciable. We recently changed our office address in UK and updating the addresses at contact us page soon.

Mikecowell, May 26, 2016 IP
  20. mainboss1

mainboss1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I looked at you site and what you need is a well structured funnel.

You have to make your "have a query session" more visible. You can also change it from have a query to free consultation.

After the funnel is set up properly then you focus on getting targeted traffic.

do you have a Facebook page and LinkedIn page?

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
    mainboss1, May 29, 2016 IP