1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get initial visitors to dating site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nextdate_org, Aug 30, 2016.

Hi all,

I just started a dating site at nextdate.org

I'm still working on improving the design and functionality (just thought of this idea 2 months ago). I'm trying to get more users so when users join they'll have people to match with. How can I get those initial users in every city?

This is a side project with barely any marketing budget. Do I just post on Facebook groups, etc. or is there a better way?

Thanks!

nextdate_org, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  2. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the best things you can do is to approach the "online dating" forums, as they'll already have the traffic you need. Some great and professional quotes on them will definitely earn the rewards for you.

Other than that, personally, I believe as a marketer, if you start from your own town or city, it would be a million times better. Since, the gates of opportunity would be wide open. You can talk to your friends and etc. and influence them to share your website with their friends. Furthermore, you can distribute flyers in your town - it's one of the cheapest way to get publicity.

Why I'm saying you to focus on your own town? Because, the people of your town/city, would always love to find someone from their own city. It'd be easier for them to date and meet someone... Take your first step. Dominate the first city. And, soon, you'll see yourself among the top online dating websites.

It can be the greatest strategy - Dominating One City at a Time - if you apply it sharply.

billll, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  3. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Billll. Also, you should make you site more eye friendly. Personally, I wouldn't trust such UI.

AlexIdea, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  4. nextdate_org

nextdate_org Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with both of you... I'm looking into getting a better design/layout. Any advice on that part?

I've been getting visitors but no signups :(

nextdate_org, Sep 3, 2016 IP
  5. nextdate_org

nextdate_org Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it the colors, lack of images and example profiles, the bad UI or...? What do I need to fix ASAP to make the site more credible?

nextdate_org, Sep 3, 2016 IP
  6. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great responses so far -
    I suggest setting up social media accounts for your dating site - if you follow the advise above and start locally - set up the social media accounts the same. Will really help build targetted local relevant audience & connections and also search engine traffic to your website.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  7. traffic97

traffic97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may also get your keyword noticed in vgeta.com for dating keyword in google results It is free.

traffic97, Sep 7, 2016 IP